Airport lighting add-on (new release out now)

Hi ya guys In my latest update for Southampton area I added some lighting to terminals and gates.
After that latest update I thought why not fix other airport lighting.

I will be making separate files with the zip file so people can pick and choose which airports they want to add all explained in description on add-on website.

Feel free to list the airport ICAO codes below and I will make my way through the list.
Thanks for any suggestions :slight_smile:

1st release: List of included airports in the link.

If you see this uploaded anywhere else but via this link, then please ignore as it won’t be their work.

Here is an example: link for that add-on: Southampton area improvement add-on(no google imagery) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Perhaps you can make a github repository and have people help you? They would make a pull request and you could check if the work is satisfactory? If it is you then merge, build the package and relase it.

I’m not 100% sure how it would work but it’s something I have thought about.

4 Likes

It does sound like a good idea but I think it would probably take just as long to check others work and then do all that than to just do it myself to be honest. Thanks for the idea though, maybe if things change I might go that route so thanks.

It can be a bit hard for ‘new’ people to create a github repository, but once created then it is amazing to see how easy it is to maintain, and the ability to safely delegate tasks to thrusted co-workers to lower your workload.

But yeah, for a handful of airports a github could be overkill, and also not. LOL

(Englysh is not my first language)

If you see this uploaded anywhere else but via the link below, then please ignore as it won’t be their work.
Here you go just a few airports i have added lighting, missing windsocks and added missing red and white buildings at airports.
List of airports edited within the description via the link.
Will be adding more as I go.

Please feel free to list ICAO codes for any airports you come across that need more lighting added thanks.

Yeah it probably makes more sense if adding custom buildings :slightly_smiling_face:

new version available now: https://flightsim.to/file/2726/airport-lighting-add-on
List of airports with lights added in the description via the link.

1 Like

New version just released consists 4 new airports with lighting added.
Taking my time more with these now, using map imagery of the airports to place in correct location and type when possible.
Will take longer but will be worth it I think.

1 Like

Hi ya simmers have just added my latest update CYYZ airport.
Download via link at the top of this thread.
I have now fixed lighting for 17 airports so far and trying to place lighting in correct locations when possible.

From now on all airports will be created as separate add-ons contained in one zip folder so that people can pick and choose which airports they require my lighting add-on for.

The first batch of fixed airports I will redo in future and make them separate files as well.

Hi! How did you fix the light? It would be great if you could fix the lighting for ULLI and UUEE :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just using the sims SDK and adding floodlights and getting the location of the lights from google and bing maps.
Will add them to my list, be warned though list is about 40 airports strong so will be a while before I get round to it but I will eventually. doing up to 5 a week on average as also work on another large add-on currently.

1 Like

Just thought id share the list of fixed airports and the ones on my list so far to fix.
First 16 are all in one group, but am now building the airports as separate projects form now on so people can delete the ones they don’t want to use should they download an airport add-on that clashes.
List of airports with fixed lighting:

1.EGHI
2.EGMC
-added lighting.
-added missing windsock.
-added missing red and white building.
3.EGKB
-added lighting.
-added missing windsocks.
4.EGHF
-added lighting
5.EGNS
-added lighting
6.EGLL
-added lighting.
7.RKSS
-Added lighting
8.CYVR
-added lighting
9.GVNP
-added lighting
10.GVMA
-added lighting
11.GVAC
-added lighting
12.RKSI
-added lighting
13.LFMN
-added lighting
14. LFBO
-added lighting
-replaced 2 buildings with hangars.
15.LSZH
-added lighting in as near to real life locations as possible.
-removed and replaced some buildings with correct types.
-added a wind barrier
-added couple of missing red and white antenna’s
-added couple of missing red and white buildings
16.EGFF
-added missing lighting.
-added missing red and white antenna.

17.CYYZ
-added lighting.
-added barriers.
-removed building.
-added wind barrier.
-added red and white buildings and antennas.
18.ENTC
-added lighting
-removed and replaced building with more accurate hanger type.
-added two red and white buildings and antenna’s.
19.KBOS:
-added missing floodlight to airport.
-removed water hiding ground terrain.
-added multiple red and white buildings and antenna’s.
-added some streetlamps.
-added some missing fencing.
20.KMIA
21.KDEN

To fix list:
ICAO/airport size
KLAX v large
KSAN large
KATL v large
PANC large
EBBR large
EHAM v large
EIDW large
EGCC large
EGSS large
EGKK large
EDDM large
EDDF large
EDDT medium
LOWW large
EPWA large
LPPT v large
LEMD v large
LEBL large
LEPA large
LEIB small
LIRF large
EFHK large
ENGM large
kmke large
LICJ medium
DIAP small
GABS medium
LFPO v large
LFPB large
LFRS medium
LFML large
KPHL v large
DAAG large
LESO small
LEBL large
LFLL large
OERK v large
OEJN v large
OEDF large
OEMA large
OETB?
OEAB small
EPWA large
KLGA v large
RJGG medium
RJBB large
ULLI small
UUEE large
KBIL medium
KTPA large

3 Likes

Hi guys just added lighting to KBOS and in the latest build.

All future airports are in separate files so people can easily pick and choose which airports they require.

First lot of airports are in together but will redo them at a later date so that people can pick which of the airports to use.

Awesome!! KBIL

1 Like

Added to the list :slight_smile:

You are amazing thank you!!

1 Like

Could you do KTPA?

1 Like

Sure can added to my list.

1 Like

HI! could you do some italian airports aswell? Italy has been forgot by the community :rofl:

1 Like

Hi guys/girls latest airport added to my airport lighting add-on is: KMIA Miami international.
Not only did i add lighting to the airport i fixed lots of blob tree’s surrounding the airport and removed tree’s growing in roads and car parks.
Little peak:

Make sure to follow the info in the “about this file” section via the link for installation, as there is more than 1 file in the Zip folder.

Here is a list of most of the fixes for this airport:
KMIA:
-fixed some blob tree’s where possible.
-added missing water.
-removed some water covering terrain.
-added lighting to airport.
-added some wind barriers which were missing.
-added walls that were missing.
-added some fuel tanks.
-removed vegetation from car parks and roads.
-added some vegetation where missing.

2 Likes