Airport purchased from the marketplace not playable on XBox Series X

Again.
Microsoft is the dealer. I buy the extensions from Microsoft in their marketplace and I pay to Microsoft. And Microsoft keeps some of the money. That’s is a trader ( dealer) by definition. It is not relevant that the products are not from Microsoft.
In the supermarket, the products do not come from the supermarket but from the manufacturers.

If the product is faulty, I am responsible to the dealer (from whom I bought the product) that the product can be received and used in accordance with the description. How the dealer then deals with the manufacturer of the product is not a matter for the end customer.

Such is the clear legal situation in the European Union and I can imagine that consumer protection is even stricter in the USA.

2 Likes

Just wrong. A trader buys things and sells at a profit, MS just charge a commission for 3rd party sales and what’s more you have already agreed to this arrangement in the terms and conditions of your purchases … You did actually read the terms and conditions didn’t you?

no you’re wrong
In which country do you live?

That is European law. And that cannot be undermined with things that are in the small print and terms on the back.

Microsoft has the opportunity to make three improvements. If not, I am entitled to a refund from the retailer from whom I bought.

I live in Nürnberg

Electric sales have their own set of rules and MS always do abide by regional laws so possibly you get their share of commission returned … but not the full amount, the rest must come from the devs.

Own rules. Sorry. LOL.
Law is Law. I have also my Own rules. Rules is not Law.

Aha and if the television you bought yesterday or last week from a dealer in Saturnmarkt (retail chain in Germany) makes no sound. Who do you turn to to clarify the matter?
Samsung the manufacturer or the market where you bought it? Who will give you your money back or a TV that works?
It is idle for me to discuss it with you here. This is not my concern here, but rather to warn others not to buy something in the marketplace, because Microsoft doesn’t give a ■■■■ whether it works or not and there is no reaction to the stuff that they plug in with they updates every time.

1 Like

In Germany goods have a statutory warrantee period. However mods are not goods and whichever platform you are on the EULA describes their own prescribed conditions. The questions to ask are.

Did it work on purchase?
Did it break before or after the time limits AGREED by you on purchase.
And is it likely to be fixed in the future.

If that doesn’t suit you then maybe you should see a lawyer .

It is idle for me to discuss it with you here.

I’m not surprised because deep down you know such a claim couldn’t succeed without spending huge amounts on the very best lawyers with always a very limited chance of success.

I did´t twice.

to change the post in front of my, so that my statement “I did it twice” is taken out of context, shows how you are and also which spiritual child. To put yourself in a better light at someone else’s expense. Your parents and friends (if you have any) are sure to be proud of you.

His first changed statement was, I hoped you would give up.

Greetings

P.S. and where did I write that I hire a lawyer… the only one of the lawyers and complaints mentioned are you … I only wrote what rights consumers have in the EU.

Are you paranoid by any chance? I changed my post there and then to something more suitable and then moved on just as you obviously did or you would have seen it.

Please remember to keep posts on-topic and not on each other.

Topic closed as duplicate of: