Airport purchased from the marketplace not playable on XBox Series X

Hi

All airports that have bought cause CTD for me. This has been the case since the last update. In another topic someone writes that the developers have no way of testing their work on a “normal” X-Box. This also fits in with what happened in the case of The PMDG DC6 to withdraw sales above the marketplace. Exactly this has been officially confirmed in the PMDG forum.

Flying at MS airports does not cause any problems. I’ve tested that sufficiently. Very annoying for me because I have already invested several 100 € in airports.

A question to Microsoft, why is there a special developer X-Box? Simply insert a mode in system settings, restart in developer mode and then request access data for the developer. When the developer then finds all the tools in the operating system his Hand and that are not available to the normal user because he cannot log in as a developer, everyone benefits from them. We will then all have the same X-Box. But we end consumers cannot use them in developer mode.

My question to the X-Box user you also have the problems??
I tried all of the tips, tricks and hints I could find here in the forum and other websides. Nothing helps.

How do I get my money back? The product that I bought from the retailer Microsoft is faulty and unusable.

greetings from Germany

I am in the same boat… apparently it is something to do with developer mode and not working in retail xbox systems. No way of getting your money back as its a 3rd party app. Microsoft really need to sort this urgently!

2 Likes

These are separate issues I think.

It’s quite often the case that a system update from Asobo can break 3rd party mods which then need to be updated by their authors before they will work with the new release. This is common to both Xbox and PC and is probably the issue you are experiencing with the scenery add-ons.

As for developers having no way of testing within the Xbox environment I have read a user post about this also on the forum today but I can’t find the source.

I would have expected at least some form of developer mode or virtual development platform for the Xbox but then it’s a closed ecosystem and 3rd party devs don’t carry the same weight as full software studio’s so perhaps there is no actual way for them to test and indeed the first time a 3rd party dev see’s their product on a real Xbox is when it has gone live to the Marketplace.

2 Likes

Bringing out an update without informing the developers of DLCs that something has changed so that all of your previous DLCs have to correct, is absolutely the fine way. And not testing the Update how it works with the things what we offer in our marketplace (I buy the DLC ingame at Microsoft and is billed to me by Mircosoft) is also very customer friendly.

Imagine you come to the petrol station with your car and the tap no longer fits into your filler neck … Answer of the petrol station operator…. let the manufacturer of your car install a new filler neck. …

I can only call up all X-Box users here. Don’t buy any DLCs before MS and Asbo have corrected this type of update culture. You are just annoyed and you are not sure whether tomorrow will still work what your money was spent on

Greetings

2 Likes

Asobo/MS were very busy for the Xbox release but they have hired more staff to help clear the backlog of mods and fixes that need testing and encryption for your safety among other reasons. You should also know that they can’t bugfix 3rd party mods and that has to come from the devs that created them.

For that people have hired they now get a lot of money from X-Box users who buy a version.

I know that MS / Asbo do not have to correct the software of the DLC providers. I don’t think anyone is asking for that here either.

MS and Asbo present the developers with unsolvable problems. The developers can only see whether your DLC is running on the X-Box when it is in the marketplace. The promise to the developer that everything you build with our tools for PC runs on the X-Box was not kept.

Hence the appeal. X-Box user does not buy airports as DLC. The developer cannot test it under real X-Box conditions and under certain circumstances he does not know what the cause is.

Greetings

PS. does Microsoft / Asbo even test what they put in your marketplace? Airports that came after the SU7 are also affected …

It’s a market and MS only get a commission on the sales. They test for compliancy and functionality at issue but as you already know major sim updates can sometimes break them. The solution is not to hold back progression just to keep these mods working.

If airports are only affected in the beta it means nothing, it has specific purposes and wasn’t a large download so a lot of files are not included. And even if they do break stuff the same situation applies, if their devs still want to sell their wares they have come up with a fix.

If I buy something from a dealer in Germany and it doesn’t work, I have a statutory right to conversion or reimbursement. Mircosoft is a dealer who sells and bills in its marketplace just like the car dealer or supermarket across the street.
Therefore, it should also be in MS’s interest that the products they sell still working. Since this is not the case, I have the statutory entitlement mentioned above.

That’s not what it’s about for me in the first place. I feel much more confident that things are being done properly here. And since I cannot do more to speak of my experiences and to save other users of MSFS on the X-Box from making mistakes like myself and not buying DLC ​​airports.
I don’t understand why Microsoft works with the developers and they don’t give them better tools. Developers need art prior access to an X-Box like you and I have. This is the only way to finally test the products. Or Microsoft must test the products and send they back to the developer if it not work.

Greetings

5 Likes

Yes same for me today, I bought several sceneries this weekend and have had CTD after CTD. Strangely yesterday Friday, I had bought only one scenery and managed to fly a full flight, but having added two more today couldn’t complete one flight. Frustration is off the scale. Thank god I have COD and can kill stuff to get it out of my system.

Pretty certain if you buy any mod and it doesn’t work you can get refunded although maybe not directly. However if you buy a mod, use it for a while and then an update breaks it then you’re in the same boat as everyone else and must wait for a fix. BTW Microsoft are not a dealer, the marketplace is just as it’s name suggests, a market. If you have proper grounds to claim a refund on Asobo mods then usually you get one without quibble but they must proper grounds as laid out in their terms and conditions. For 3rd party mods MS and Asobo will not be held responsible.

1 Like

Having the same problem on Xbox series X every time I land at or take off from a add-on airport from market place CTDs left and right. switching to a different camera view after landing and even taxing to gate its causing CTDs idk what is going on but needs to be fixed ASAP I’ve seen other forum topics ppl are saying the same. something isn’t right. I’ve done all the work arounds as well

1 Like

I dont have any problem with 3rd party developers airports. I buy the KORD, KMIA and MMMX scenery and they run very well except for MMMX, it has a very bad optimization, but still running without crashing. 100% of the time i fly from/to KORD and never experienced a CTD

well that’s good, are using Airliners or GA aircraft? I am mainly getting them from Airliners A320, default and Addon. I just don’t get why the sim is crashing on xbox at all suppose to be optimized. these market place products need to be updated along when they update the sim. this has all started since SU7. it was working fine before and even long hauls perfomancewas just fine

1 Like

All the time i use the a320, B747 or the CS 777-300ER

ok cool, yeah I use the same ones as well however, I don’t have KORD or MMMX just the Mexico landmarks (no problems there) just the airports. I have KMIA haven’t flown there yet. but will test it and report back. its the Drzewiecki Design airports Moscow, Narita and some other market place airports im getting issues. other forums have mentioned the same problem as well. it seems to come down to certain products aren’t being updated along with each Sim update

1 Like

Yea, i read as well that moscow and narita have some insane crash problems, hopefully they fix it soon because they look amazing and i was thinking to get one.

1 Like

yes exactly they are amazing but every time I try to even look at the airport with drone camera or fly in/out it Crashes the sim…smh. yes this whole marketplace 3rd party problem needs to be fixed Asap. it is good to hear that some products are good and working tho. thanks for the that info

1 Like

There’s a very similar discussion on the “Longterm for XBox” thread.
Add on and scenery compatibility with each sim update is completely hidden from the end user. The question is is that because it happens in the background? or is it because its not happening at all?
Freeware for FS on PC has a “compatibility flag” that has to be confirmed as checked & working after every major sim update, some mods never get updated and can be used at users own risk, others are OK, and some need fixes to make compatible. Does this sort of mechanism even exist in the marketplace environment? There is no current way that I’ve seen of flagging sim update incompatibilities with versions of add ons to the buyer/end user internally, say in the content manager. This is true on PC and XBox when content is bought from the marketplace. If there is a mechanism that exists for checking compatibility after every sim update then customers could do with an explanation of how it works in practice. It’s really not good enough to have end users find out incompatibilities by trial and error.

1 Like

welp looks like all my DLC marketplace airports/sceneries are causing CTDs on xbox series x. just landed KMIA Airport add-on from market place, im using the hotas one and I just panned left with camera within cockpit on my way to taxi to gate and Bam CTD. smh…There is a SU7 hot fix coming soon to fix many CTDs, as to which ones idk but this should definitely be on top of the list

The big problem is 3rd party mods overwriting files used by Asobo or by other 3rd party mods, nobody should be testing that but the devs themselves.