Airport Runway Lights Off During the Night - Séries S

Can confirm this has been happening for me all around Europe on PC. Latest flights were EGPK, EGPE, EGNM. Often taxiway and apron lights are on. Sometimes approach lighting is on. Runway edge lighting is not.

Some fields, noticed mostly at EGNM, the taxiway lights are there…but they are “floating”. Runway marker lights are just not there at all.

All lights are on if flight is set up when departing from these same fields. But arrivals are all dark. Makes for exciting landings if the weather is remotely bad… hope it will make it onto the Dev’s radar.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Nzwn and nzns both have this issue on Xbox s

In playing around with this issue, I notice that when flying to these airports at night, lighting is off on arrival. If starting a flight at these airfields however, the night lighting is on. The issue seems to lie in transitioning between different regions where the airfield night lighting then doesn’t activate.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

So Pathetic :sob: STILL AFTER SO MANY YEARS …… STILL NO LIGHTS AT AIRPORTS. #msfs #bugs Asobo MSFS PLEASE PLEASE :pray:…. NIGHT LIGHTS IN AIRPORTS ARE A MUST.

1 Like

as of november the 22th, this is still an issue. And still Asobo has not even acknowledged this bug. It appears to be related to LOD settings below 100. It is so extremely annoying and completely ruining night flights. For the love of god …Asobo wake up!

2 Likes

After several tests on the PC and the XBox Series S, I have some information that I believe will be useful to Microsoft/Asobo and I hope they can see my message:

• The problem only occurs when travelling from one airport to another, i.e. when it is loaded during the flight. If you load the flight starting from the fault airport, the lights will be there correctly.
  • I’ve noticed that the problem occurs at airports close to sea level. I haven’t seen it happen with any higher airports.
  • On the PC I solve this by setting the LOD to 100 or more, but unfortunately it is not possible on XBox Series version.