Airports missing from world map

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue:

world map only shows very limited number of airports. Pretty much only shows international airports.
I could see all airports before SU10

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.27.21.0 (gyazo.com)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

happens whenever i am on main menu.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Problem appeared right after installation of SU10.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @smoknjim,

Have you tried zooming in the camera from the World Map? The names of smaller airports won’t be visible if you’re zoomed out far, but they should show up if you zoom in. All those white dots in your screenshots are airports.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

If you look at the screenshots i sent, you will see they are from different zoom levels. The airports are just not there no matter what level you look from. Only one airport is visible in North Carolina, and i know there were at least 20 before the update.

Please confirm you have zoomed in all the way and still can not see airports.

I have zoomed in all the way to the ground. The screenshot I’m sending now should have about a dozen airports in it. this is not a zoom problem. Something is hiding these airports from view.

I have hundres of airports, for example, when I zoom in a specific region of USA, An same in several other regions.

Now looking for your screenshot I saw. See the white points? All of them are airports, Zoom in man.

1 Like

I see now that if you zoom in to almost ground level, you can see the airports. What I am saying here is that all the airports were there at the default level of zoom when i opened up the map. I could see the entire east coast of the US and all the airports as soon as I opened the map. I did not have to zoom to see minor airports.

so, I guess my question now is, was I somehow getting some kind of lucky glitch, or did they break something?

It’s not just you and not a bug.
The smaller airport/airfield now have to be found using more zoom. Perhaps too much I’ll agree.

Zoom down to 1-2 NM.

1 Like

Well, I guess we’ll just have to learn to live with it. Thanks for responding.

Yes

Hi, this just happened last Feb 23, 2023. A lot of airports disappeared even at multiple zoom levels, so I can’t select any for departure or arrival. When I select one on the map, it is identified only as Custom location. Typing an airport code like “RP” in the search box will show only one airstrip. Zooming in to some available airports, for example, in the Japan map, sometimes causes CTD. I already reinstalled fs-base-nav and fs-base-genericairports folders, and even the whole game itself, but the problem persists.

UPDATE: I was able to fix it by deleting the content.xml and the files in the sceneryindex folder. Thank you.

I have the same problem for a week ! In the steam version of MSFS there is no “content.xml” and no “sceneryindex folder”. Even a complete uninstall and reinstall MSFS did not solved my problem !

This is the path for the files:

Steam version:

Scenery Indexes fodler:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

Context.xml:
%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

yes

how do I fix this

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES

Brief description of the issue:

world map only shows very limited number of airports. only in part of world covered by world updates packages I guess, and other handcrafted ones

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

happend after recent WU updates (WU15 + canadian uopdate and other one, don’t know exactly list of all package concerned since I was not expecting to have such issues, I updated everything pretty fast)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Yes I guess so, or at least same as mentionned by few other user in this thread

all filter are active, sud america, africa etc are very empty, USA and europe is still well covered I guess this is due to respective world updates, I m not using navigraph so this is not related to a mis installation of their database