Albatros L-39 Pilot - Crew Legs

after setting on default and start pc again, the cockpit is empty on both seats.

Hester what must I do, just purchased a T6 and the same issue, parts of pilots outside cockpit.
When can I expect a solution else I need refund for both aircraft, L39 and T6, I am very disappointed.
cheers Achim

Thatā€™s unfortunate. My last question then, did you purchase individual L-39s or T-6s, or the full class packs ( all 10 of each type )?

I have a weird suspicion that the proper pilot default models for them are only being installed as part of the full Reno packages. If you go into your official packages folder, do you have this folder and anything in it?

Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\asobo-airrace-renorace\SimObjects\Humans\Pilot_RR

If not then there would be no default pilot to load, hence a possibly empty cockpit unless you choose a pilot.

Thanks, I will check the file. If not is there a possibility to get refund for both aircraft and I buy the complete package which is available on marktplace ? Or I get eur 20,00 discount on the complete package.
Cheers
Achim

Checked the file, there is no file as described in yoy response, remains than the question I raised above regarding refund for the two purchased aircraft or discount on the complete Reno package.
Trust that the aircraft in the complete package can also be used in msfs20 free flights or are they only accessable when usung the Reno package ?

cheers Achim

PS will the expansion pack solve the pilot problem also ? I can purchase this one in steda of the full packahe ( do not need that mass of aircraft).

The Jan 6 update overlooked this? SAD!

The January 6th update wasnā€™t to include this. A lot of bugs are scheduled for SU8 and hopefully this would be included. :wink:

Actually, Iā€™d found a post somewhere in here the other night (thanks to that author!) that explained how to edit the L39interiorLOD0x.gltf files using Notepad++ to remove pilots from external view. Finally had the time to try it out.

In each of the 6 files, find the PILOT0 and PILOT1 entries and add another P (so PPILOT0), then save, Notepad++ automatically creates a bak file. These files are in the model directory for the version of the ac you purchasedā€“I have the Robin1. Worked like a charm. Better an empty cockpit than the ridiculous spectacle this bird currently makes.

It would be wonderful if someone could do an SDK guide, particularly around the aircraft containers. I had a lot of this stuff figured out in FSX, but there are so many new embedded features in these models and multiple cfg files for each plane that I havenā€™t the patience to go hunting.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Pilot legs appearing outside cabin
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Load the airplane in any airport
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

This is a well-known issue. Use default pilots for this model if you do not want to see their legs.

1 Like

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Pilot legs and arms are visible outside of the aircraft - some L-39 models have this issue, some not.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just load the aircraft ā€¦

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

First version when the L-39 was introduced and after last update ( 2022-09-23 ) it is still there.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It seems it weas a false alarm.
I updated the Reno races and L-39 models in content manager and it seems it is fixed now.

Iā€™m just pleading for some automatic update reminder, at least for default addons.
Searching for what I have installed and what is and is not up-to-date is not very clear.

1 Like

Just use default pilot characters

I didnā€™t change the pilot character anywhere, so I assume itā€™s the default.
But it seems they fixed it in the latest l-39 model update.

Default pilots for this plane are pilots in helmets from Reno pack

This item was delivered in Sim Update 8 (1.23.12.0).