All glass displays either flicker or change brightness while passing through clouds. Possible shader bug?

No changes of brightness was made between these screens, as you can see on the knob.

Steam version

This happens without any addons installed.

No devmode

When passing through clouds, the glass screens will either flicker (if it’s a lot of layers it will flicker) or just simply go very high in brightness. I linked some screens of when this happens.

To reproduce simply fly through clouds at night, that’s where the issue is most easily noticed, but it does happen during daytime too.

PC specs: i9 9900K 1080ti 16GB 3600 Mhz

Pretty sure it started doing it after the second hotfix for SU5. ( 1.18.15.0)

Just to make sure, are you sure this is not the reflection of the plane front lights in the cloud?
Really looks like this.

You could use the Active Pause and the external view to confirm.

Yeah thats very annoying. FBW tried to workaround this alot but it didnt help.

Same here, the screens turns more brightness through the clouds, make no sense. Hope FBW find the solution.

1 Like

Yes 100 percent sure, it will happen when the lights are off so definitely not that. It almost seems like it’s the eye adaption setting (from the cfg) that is causing it, because if you pan the camera view down, the brightness returns to normal on the screens.

OK. I’ll try what you described to see the effect.
I’ll also check in VR to see if it also happens.

1 Like

Yup same thing for me. Always has been that way and I truly never tried much to see if anything helped out.

Old system:
i7700k
GTX1080
32 gb DDR4
etc etc etc

Things run decent but this monitor/display thing is annoying :joy: I’ve learned to deal with it but hope for a solution.

-GolfKilo