All live traffic flying at FL360 regardless of direction etc

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Today, and only today, when I took off in RJTT, all cruising traffic are flying at FL360 regardless of aircraft type, direction or distance etc. It is possible that some problems happened on acquiring altitude data for live traffic.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly now near Japan and get to cruise altitude

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current SU11 release

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

The issue continues and is still happening now.
all traffic in my play area (Taiwan and Japan) are FL360 regardless of distance, aircraft and range.

I am using FSLTL Base Model but NOT injector, so it is still (fundamentally) MSFS built-in live traffic.

Can’t repro. Moved to #community-support:tech-support

Just to be sure, I’m not talking about all traffic “stuck” at FL360, I’m just saying they all “cruise” at FL360. They still climb and descend. The screenshot you gave seem to only include traffic departing/in approache.

Ok - I’ll post again once I’m in cruise.

Actually no need - check out the Orange Liner passing my nose, he’s currently in cruise at 14,000’.

For example, Alpha Wing 1659 (ANA Wings flight 1659 is from Osaka to Niigata. It should use odd number flight level.

Plus, Osaka to Niigata is too short to justify FL360…

Then maybe it’s region related? I’m connecting from Asia server, and I’m physically in Asia Pacific.

If it’s about live traffic not getting correct traffic data, it may not affect all servers.

Clearly you and I are having a different experience. I don’t know what else to tell you.

It’s the same FlightAware Firehose API feed across all servers.

AKX1659 is shown as 18000 feet on FlightAware, so I’d say my MSFS is clearly getting wrong data… and wrong aircraft type (in-sim it’s an airbus, but that could be FSLTL Base Model-related)

ANA282

Within 2000 of actual flight.

Yeah so it’s working for you but not for me, that’s the point.

Remove FSLTL, reboot and see what happens. Standard troubleshooting step. I’d remove Simple Traffic if I was having trouble - that’s the only traffic-related Mod I have. The objective is to get down to a vanilla installation to remove any possible root cause by Community mods.

That’s the suggestion I really don’t want to hear… un- and re-installing FSLTL is kinda big job…

Again, don’t know what to tell you. The root cause attributable to Community Mods is 85 percent running rate.

Yeah but the same version of FSLTL worked with the same version of MSFS until two days ago.

What is that tool you are using? It could be a lot more pleasant if I can test a non-FSLTL’d session without having to fly up there.

The EFB? That’s Little Nav Map.

OK then. I’ll do my return flight with a small tweak in the options (make it exacty the same as when it used to work)
This is a 5 hour flight so I don’t want to be entirely out of my mods just for testing.
If that fails I’ll try reinstalling.

Actually, this plane is also not in cruise… For a plane coming into RJTT it would’ve been descending already.

In any case I will be trying a few traffic-related settings, as this goes to the third day it doesn’t sound like a connection hiccup anyway.

Edit: going back to the old setting doesn’t work.
And since the traffic is not injected by FSLTL I don’t think uninstalling it will work. I also cannot talk to them suggesting this is their problem because they definitely will point fingers back at MSFS (since indeed the traffic is NOT injected by FSLTL).

So now we’re looking at the true 99% of bugs: MSFS says it’s addon’s fault, addon says it’s MSFS’ fault, and nobody is going to solve it.

@CasualClick I have identified the problem.
“FL360” came from the cruise_alt variable in flightmodel.cfg of the FSLTL Base Model.
Now, how did every type of aircraft became FL360 is not really relevant to this issue, because this is supposed to be a ceiling, not saying all traffic using this model should cruise only at this altitude.
But somehow MSFS mistook that and recently began to assign cruise altitude entirely according to this variable in this file, disregarding cruise altitude data received from live service.

Should I make a new thread back at bug report forum (with all these new information and a more concrete title) or shall we move this thread back?