All plane stats in hangar now say MENU.DATAVALUE_GENERAL

So what is all this about?

The screenshot is just an example. Every single plane has the same now.

It was working fine until today.

At the same time, in each flight I have been getting the “Azure speech unavailable” message and closing MSFS (Quit to desktop) just freezes with the “Yes” button dimmed on that popup after I click Yes to confirm exit. If I show the desktop then the MSFS toolbar icon disappears from the bottom, but it doesn’t close down as normal.

Last things I did:

• Installed the new WB-Sim Cessna 172 update which separates it from the Asobo default deluxe plane. But I am sure the hangar looked OK first time I loaded the game after that install.
  • Enabled the Touching Cloud DG808D Glider. Disabling it makes no difference to the MENU.DATAVALUE_GENERAL texts.
  • Installed the EU ATC Phraseology Mod (which I have used in the past but ran the command installer again since SU11. However the sim worked yesterday before I remembered I needed to do that and still works now after testing ATC).

Any ideas please?!

EDIT: Just quit MSFS again now, and it did close to desktop this time.

Probably because you lost/corrupted the Locpak when the Phraseology mod was installed.

9GB download roughly - no guarantees. Rename FS-Base to something else. Launch the sim, the installer will redownload it all. That’s what happened to me in SU10. Try it at your own risk.

Thanks for the reply :+1:
I’m giving it a try (just moved fs-base to another disk for now so I can put it back if needed!) :crossed_fingers:

Thank you for the nudge in the correct direction! All back to normal, after installing the Mod again on the fresh download of that data. Thank you – you are a gent!!

1 Like

Thank you for this. I too had the same problem - searched all over the internet but no solution. I did as was suggested and I’m back to normal again, so thank you.