All Sim Sound are Silent

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
After install was working fine. Entered VR mode and there were no sim sounds. Exited VR and still no sounds. Exited the Sim and rebooted the PC still no Sim Sounds.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2021
OS build 22000.376
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
SSD G5 Primary Drive
GeForce RTX 2060 Super
Driver = 497.29
Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
31.92 GB Ram
Dell 2721
2560x1440 @ 165Hz

After a hard boot sim sounds are back.

I’m also experiencing situations where the sounds are gone when you have your flight loaded and started. Menu sounds are still there, but no aircraft of environmental sounds anymore. More people having this issue?

Started with SU8 beta, STORE version, Win10

1 Like

Unable to reproduce since Sim Update 9 - is anyone still experiencing this? Thanks!

Yes, I experience this all the time when I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my PC after I started the sim. I then have to restart the sim and the sounds are back.

I’m on the latest AAU2 beta but have had that issue for a long time.

1 Like

Okay, thank you! May I ask what brand Bluetooth headphones you use?

Of course! I have the Bose AE2 SoundLink.

Hello @BarbedClient514,

What you’re describing is a limitation of Windows. If you connect a new piece of audio hardware (such as a Bluetooth headset) after the sim is already running, it won’t be recognized as an audio output device until you restart the sim. The workaround is to have your headset turned on and enabled before you load Microsoft Flight simulator.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

Seedy, I can hear some audio like ATC and others, just no environmental sounds like the engine or switches. If it wasn’t detected at all I’d expect to not hear anything? I also don’t seem to have this issue with other games or applications on windows.

That said, I’ll check how my audio is set up. Maybe environmental sounds are set to system audio whereas ATC is explicitly set to my headphones.

Anyhow, the workaround isn’t much of a deal.