All vanilla planes are missing textures

Hello all, as the title says I am experiencing missing textures on all of my craft. This is after 3 reinstalls, a graphics driver rollback, and deleting the livery files for it to reinstall. As the title also says, this is VANILLA planes. I have no mods installed, and also no liveries installed. All planes affected are purple and black, and you cannot see out of the windscreens of the affected. Screenshots will be posted.

1 Like

I have done 3 reinstalls so another reinstall is out of the question as I am tired of spending 100+ hours fixing this game.

1 Like

Only plane not affected by loss of textures is the Hercules H4

Does anyone know why I’d be missing these files AFTER a completely clean reinstall?

Following as I also have this problem after 3 installs!

I reinstalled again, this time a FRESH reinstall, still missing textures, NOW I’m missing MENU SCREENS. This is definitely not a completed product.

1 Like

I FIXED IT! Try deleting your fs-base folder and fs-base-aircraft-common folder to force redownload.

3 Likes

I’m experiencing this same issue, however the fix of deleting the fs-base and common-aircraft folders did not resolve this. All of the planes still have missing textures. I have the same EMs in my dev console, and I’ve already reinstalled twice to no effect. Any other suggestions?

Thank you for posting this we had a user in the discord having the same issue, and doing this fixed it :slight_smile:
-Andy2790

I have the same problem. Cars driving around at Brussels airport without their textures. The proposed solution does not work for me. ???

EDIT: TLDR; Skip to “FINALLY USEFUL INPUT”
I guess I gotta double necro this thread, cause there’s no obvious edit function. Sorry for the double post. :call_me_hand:

Made an account here just to say thanks, OP. One of the very few times in my long internet life I’ve found a useful response on the first page of google… lmfao. Bought this game years ago at release, abandoned it almost immediately as it was a giant mess.

Reinstalled thinking 4 years of updates might have produced a complete game finally- HAH! Appalling stuff. Don’t even get me started on the goofy flight models… I wouldn’t care if they didn’t promise absolute realism and then try and gaslight us with whatever you wanna call what we got.
/rant

FINALLY USEFUL INPUT- if the “fs-base/fs-base-aircraft-common” delete method OP provided doesn’t work the first time, i used a “take ownership” regedit tweak on the main MSFS directory- if you know what that is use it, if not- i cant really help you much farther. its not something i can link here or really direct you to without catching a ban, very easy to mess up system files or open you to exploits.

1 Like

I just redownloaded the entire game and deleted the fs-base and fs-base-aircraft-common folders and then redownloaded them. This didn’t resolve the issue. Then I tried to take ownership of those two folders and still have loads of missing textures on all liveries except the default livery.

1 Like