Allow aircraft to remember weight & balance - fuel, weight and passengers/cargo on next flight

If I fly from point A to point B, please allow the aircraft to remember how much fuel it had in the tanks next time I select it from the hangar, that I weigh 180 lbs and have 120 lbs of luggage in the back.

I would also like it to remember the airport and parking spot that I am in so when I go into flight planner, there is a way to start from exactly where I left off with location, fuel, baggage, etc, choose a new destination (if desired) and plan the flight from there;

4 Likes

Yes, remembering the parking spot is really important for me too. It would be great when touring around a region.

1 Like

Save the flight. I used to shut down and then let it sit overnight. You just have to remember to shut off the DC/Battery unless you have Ground Power or APU.

Every time you start a new flight or reset a flight, the weight and balance is reset. Doesn’t make much sense. I would love to keep my settings for all the flights till I change it.

3 Likes

Yeah, we should be able to set our own defaults. I’m not a fan of starting with half a tank of fuel every flight and having to take those extra steps.

2 Likes

I haven’t checked in particular if W/B is saved but had great success saving and loading games in general.
Have you tried the save/load flight feature from the World page?

No, that’s still something I would need to check. However why when you reset a flight (which stays in the “flight mode” basically) it resets the W/B to the defaults and not to what you set at the beginning of the flight?

1 Like

This definitely needs to be implemented. I often want to simulate using that same aircraft the following day from the location I last parked it. I hate having to try and replicate how much fuel I had and the weights of cargo etc I had entered.

1 Like

I can’t believe this hasn’t been upvoted by the entire community!

There are certain planes that I want configured the same each time I fly them.

2 Likes

Some posts were merged into this topic from another one. If your post was one of those, your vote can not be merged. Please up vote this one.
Thank you!

For a fat overweight pilot I feel insulted that default pilot weight is 77Kg. Let’s allow persistence for the extra pounds so that MFS2020 can be “As real as it gets”!

1 Like

atta boy! that’s the spirit.

Unlike with FSX I have found no way to save a flight without also saving the time of day and weather, it saves all or nothing. With FSX you could save the aircraft state including fuel and load it exactly like you left it. Much like owning your own airplane IRL. In MSFS it saves it all but I want the actual live weather for my next flight, not the one from my last session. Hope this will be implemented.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club. Please vote, and hope that it will be implemented as well. It would be HUGE, I’d love it.

The complete reset of everything — pilot(s) weight, payload, fuel, airport/parking/gate, livery, etc. — certainly gives it more of a video game feel rather than a sim.

I’d love to step back into an aircraft from where/how it was left rather than from zero.

5 Likes

Hey. Would be still a great feature in my opinion… unfortunately, it seems, that the community doesnt care too much about this. Only got 100 some votes.

I’m fairly certain our entire world would be stuck in the Stone Age if it required “votes” (and mass quantities of them) to see anything changed and/or improved!

What a system, eh?

2 Likes

Write to Zendrsk and they should log it as a feature request!

No, that won’t work. Zendesk is for bug reports, and this isnt a bug.

If you would want this feature, then please vote for it via this thread.

That being said, some 3rd party developers have already, and will hopefully introduce persistence, so that various variables and settings will be “remembered”.