Allow key combinations involving two input devices

I have a Saitek Throttle Quadrant that has 6 buttons on it, I would like to be able to get more out of it by adding key combinations to it. For example, if button 1 is “Toggle AP”, then shift + button 1 could be “Toggle auto throttle”. Or another one could be Button 2 or 3 is “VS up/down”, and if key combinations were allowed between input devices, I could put Shift + button 2 or 3 as “Speed select up/down”

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick. I too wanted to use a button on the stick in combination with buttons on the throttle. When using P3D I could use the Target software to achieve this. Unfortunately MSFS does not properly recognise the ‘combined’ joystick Target generates.
My solution is to use the FSUIPC7 software to achieve this combining of buttons. I have the paid & registered version, so I do not know if the unregistered version will do what you want.
Incidentally, the software also allows me to have different key combinations for different aircraft. My PMDG 737-700 and FBW A320 currently make use of this feature. WIthout it I would have to remember different button presses to display the overhead panel for example.
I am NOT affiliated with the FSUIPC7 software in any way.
Trevor

3 Likes