Allow users to control when the flight ends

Requiring parking in the “right spot” and then shutting down to get the flight to end (and presumably to log) is not something that I appreciate. When I fly airliners, the last thing I want to do is power down after parking. What I want to do is turn the APU on as I’m taxiing in and leave it running as I’m debarking passengers, getting ready for the next flight, etc. After doing that, I may or may not want to continue on with a new flight, but I shouldn’t be forced to leave the plane cold and dark.

I realize that I can simply escape back to the main menu to effectively end the flight, but at this point, doing that doesn’t seem to log my flight hours.

Rather than only being able to end the flight when I satisfy certain arbitrary conditions, I would like an option so that I can choose to end the flight on my terms, at which point the logging system should log my total hours, take offs, landings, etc. I don’t know that I care about seeing log entries once I end my flight–provided that I can trust the accuracy of the logging system (which I currently can’t).

In general, I’d like to see pretty much everything in the simulator be user configurable, rather than have to live with whatever the choice du jour is. This is especially true when to comes to making environmental changes. It is one thing to change default behavior, but that should never be done without giving users the ability to roll back to the previous behavior. Night lighting changes are a good example of this. When users are asking for things like “better” night lighting, “less” lightning, or whatever, what they really mean is that they want to be able to control those effects to satisfy their own personal preferences.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Logbook should not pop up in the middle of the shutdown procedure

12 votes have been moved. 8 votes could not be moved because their users already voted in the other topic.

Hello,
I moved your post into an older Wishlist topic on the ability to prevent that window from happening when you are shutting down the aircraft.