[AlpineBRAVO] Kodiak 100 tutorials

Hi there,

I’ve opened a new YouTube channel AlpineBRAVO for all things MSFS and live streams.

First up are tutorials on how to fly the awesome Kodiak 100 by Simworks Studios.

12 Likes

Really good introductions so far. I only bought the Kodiak in the November sale, so this is quite timely. I’ve learnt something new from each one so far, and I’m looking forward to the next instalments. I think the level of detail provided is very good and pitched appropriately.

One small feedback comment/suggestion, you talk a little quietly at times, perhaps raise the volume over the sim background ambient noises?

After the initial learning curve of transitioning from the stock handling of the Caravan to this, I was beginning to get the hang of it, but, since SU11 I think, every landing is a gamble for me. The speeds can oscillate wildly, it can drop onto the runway and even when it doesn’t, I can’t get it to hold the centre line (or even runway at times!) and this is in perfect weather. I could land reasonably OK in good weather previously. It’s just not fun at the moment, but, according to SWS, an update will be sent to MS on Monday.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to make these, it’s appreciated.

Glad you are finding them useful. Really appreciate the feedback.

I’d noticed the audio wasn’t great in places - I’m using the headset mic and its proving tricky to get the balance right (my first attempts had the opposite problem). I’ll keep working on it.

Once the new release is out I’ll start on some actual ‘flying’ tutorials. And I don’t think you were alone in your experience with the Kodi after SU11. A bit of a perfect storm - gusts, a new custom throttle and more flap drag. It’s certainly a real challenge trying to maintain a good glide path with a constant power setting. I’m sure it will be a lot smoother once the update is out.

Thanks again!

You’re welcome.
I really enjoy this type of focused tutorial. I learned a lot about the G1000 from Kip on the Ground’s videos, for example.

You’ve actually answered what was to be my next question, which was if your flight tutorials were already recorded or if you were waiting for the update. Good to know it’s the latter!

1 Like

O been looking forward to this /many thanks

2 Likes

Nice to see the latest videos in the series, and good to see the recognition from SWS on their Discord.

I think this series is turning into a fantastic resource. There’s some really helpful additions in there where you explain some aspect in a little more detail, not just in terms of the simmed plane, but also with regard to how your controls are configured.

I think this is what sets these apart from a lot of the other content that usually appears when a new plane is released. Although helpful, they are often superficial, and I don’t mean that as a criticism, as they are good for brief overviews to help with purchasing decisions. Where your input comes into its own is the depth, sort of a visual POH.

I’m still waiting for the update to appear on the store, hopefully it’ll appear before Xmas so I can spend some time reacquainting myself with the Kodiak properly.

Anyway, congratulations and once again, many thanks for taking the time to produce these.

1 Like

Thanks! There were already some nice ‘quick start’ overviews available, but after seeing the kinds of comments and issues appearing in the support fora, it was clear something more detailed would be beneficial.

I’ll be taking a short break for the holidays now, but you can look forward to seeing some examples of how not :no_entry_sign: to fly the Kodiak as well as the usual proper procedures!

Latest episode is now up. Part 7: normal takeoffs

4 Likes

Part 8: Enroute Climbs has been posted.

5 Likes

Thank you very much. I like your work a lot. Good job.

1 Like

Cheers SirRick! I’ll try to keep on keeping it real in the Kodiak.

But just one burning question, are you or are you not a replicant?!

1 Like

After a bit of a hiatus, the next Kodiak tutorial is up!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks a lot my friend.

1 Like

And at long last, the landing tutorial has…landed!

3 Likes

Great Work. Thanks a lot😁

1 Like