AMD/3080 Performance Question

I reinstalled the drivers but I enabled the TFPM on my computer and I have a sneaking feeling that this was the issue along with SU9

I really hope they figure it out. I just reinstalled windows. Updated the BIOS and reinstalling the game hopefully that will do it. Before I did all of this I was getting low 30s on the FENIX on both Medium and High settings which makes no sense to me.

3080 is a 4k card. It can also do well in 2k so thatā€™s why youā€™re getting good performance.

Running a 3080 at lower resolutions causes for under working it with can cause issues.

If you want to play at 1080p get a card under the 3070 series. If not then 3080+ or 5900+ for amd people.

You donā€™t buy a ferrari engine and put it in a Ford focus just wonā€™t work.

Same for your components.

Plus every update does tweaks to settings. Usually after a update I check my frames if they are fine I leave it alone. If not I tweak it to work.

Luckily for me Iā€™ve never had issues with frames after I got my 5900x beside the amd issues with windows 11. Once that was fixed its been smooth sailing

You know like the draw distance or the rtx shading soon to be implemented DLSS technology.

Then people are going to complain about the DLSS tech because things arenā€™t going to be as clear or smooth as it could be. There always a draw back on graphics and performance. You want beast graphics your video card is going to be screaming.

Evething in the sim is real time. All the components all the atmospheric data even if your outside the plane. Itā€™s a living breathing world sorta speak.

It doesnā€™t turn off things like other games do to reduce performance issues.

Thatā€™s why this sim merks hardware.

Remember when people complained about trees. They fixed it and now people complain about it because it bogs down the sim. Not true only if you have terrible hardware.

So no matter what they do there will always be issues. Sometimes we have to sacrifice a few things for others.

Im getting off topic sorry. Just I know how you feel and itā€™s part of the game of pc gaming.

This is addressed to me but I am not sure it was meant for me. Note I am running at 4K so lower resolutions do not apply

Yeah it wasnā€™t supposed to be. Sorry about that.

No problem, just wanted to make sure :+1:

What? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Itā€™ll sure run coolerā€¦ is that the issue?

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to picture the card taking up smoking or hanging around hash rating Ethereum with other under worked cards in an alley somewhere.

1 Like

Iā€™ve done my own testing on my own machine and itā€™s true. When I hit 1080p in most games isee a gpu and cpu bottleneck.

Since i updated to the 5900x I donā€™t have that issues anymore because the two balance each other out very well.

Ohā€¦ okay. Iā€™ll sleep better now. I was worried about all those idle electrons causing trouble.

ā€œHeyā€¦ I know what we can do. Letā€™s go beat up some of those idle electrons from excess ram!ā€

Next thing you know the e-police will be involvedā€¦ what a mess. :wink:

When Iā€™m talking bottleneck Iā€™m talking about the cpu and 1080p

That link shows the recommendations for that gpu.

Donā€™t match new gpus with old cpus. Like most people do.

Also if you do get the 5900x I recommend the Arctic 2 240mm AIO for cooling.

It does. When I use a 1080p monitor my RTX 3080 will only use around 30% of itā€™s power giving me 20-30fps on ultra settings.
When I use the same settings on my 4K monitor I easily get 50 fps with 90-100% gpu workload.

Can confirm, I also have a 3080 and ryzen 5 5600x. I had to reduce those sliders to100 to get decent fps.

1 Like