AMD 5900X/5950X Performance in MSFS

Edit: added other people’s posts to the top

Base performance is about equal to base performance of 10900K but loses slightly to 10900K@5.1Ghz

This is a great news for anyone on AMD B450 platform

2 Likes

Source: Linus Tech Tips, YouTube

4 Likes

Yeah!

I just watched but somehow missed! Thanks!

1 Like

If you properly tweak your PBO settings (manual OC on ryzen is not that useful if you stay in the 100% safe voltage range) I bet you could get even more with good cooling!

1 Like

This is useless information unless we know what the rest of the system specs are, which by the way was an RTX3090 and RTX 2080 ti.

1 Like

I think it’s useful. We are looking at relative positions and see how less a CPU bottleneck 5000 series is going to be compared to 3000 series

1 Like

Useless or pointless, fact is that AMD is the best way to go

2 Likes

Checking this out the begging of Linus video is priceless :rofl: time to upgrade my crappy 8th gen i5 and switching to team red.

4 Likes

Abd the combination with a new AMD RX6000 series GPU is going to be even more of a intel NV killer…

2 Likes

If AMD can keep their products in stock its bye intel and nvidia for me.I am quite cpu limited here.

2 Likes

And that all for a fraction of the price of a RTX 3090…

1 Like

I also GPU limited here on 1440p but I am expecting to see an uplift in performance even moving the cpu.I am expecting at least a 10fps bump switching to ryzen 5000.

1 Like

The future looks very promising…

2 Likes

It does as long as consumers win I’m happy with the competition. There will be also performance improvements coming to this sim.

1 Like

AMD will hands down win here against intel.

Against NV, there will be competition which is good for everyone (but Nvidia is still innovating and moving forward unlike intel, so I doubt it’ll become like Intel)

1 Like

I think Intel is done for now but not Nvidia.

Nvidia always reserve on launch line-ups so there’s a good chance it’s able beat AMD’s offering on raw performance.

Still, AMD has the best price-to-performance ratio as long as the drivers (on GPU side) are good.

3 Likes

Although true regarding Nvidia, it must be tempting though for anyone on the market for a powerful PC to go for an all team red outfit considering the 6900XT matches the 3090RTX in performance for $600 less (claims I know - but it’s pretty much cast in stone). For once it seems the consumers will benefit from all the fierce competition, I think all round this is great for the industry and hopefully the next gen chips from all Nvidia, Intel and AMD will pack a punch that finally leaps us into a new generation of computing power.

1 Like

I think the 3080 Ti will be positioned against the 6900 XT.

It’s a 20GB 3090 with no Nvlink from what we know

1 Like

I’m not holding my breath for that. They can’t even produce enough of the cards with the current memory. I’m not betting on supply with even more of the expensive/rare GDDR6X memory.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s just the memory. I think they didn’t have enough time to ramp up production before actually launching it.

The Ryzen CPUs had the same issues as well!

1 Like