AMD Driver 22.10.2 Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the new AMD Adrenalin 22.10.2 driver which was released on 21/10/22.

Fixed Issues

• Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
  • Vertical Refresh Sync set globally to Always Off may cause system stuttering or driver timeout during video playback using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Dropped frames may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration on Chromium-based browsers with Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Chromium-based browsers may experience video stuttering on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
  • While previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro™, some colors may appear inverted.

Known Issues

• GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
  • When Radeon™ Anti-Lag is enabled, a beep can be heard when pressing shift + back key. [Resolution targeted for 22.11.1]
  • Elite Dangerous may crash upon launch on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.3]
  • Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
    • Improvements have been made in 22.10.2 to reduce occurrence for some configurations.

Important Notes

• AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.

Charles.

2 Likes

Well to me this AMD Driver has completely broken my sim, I cant even get through the loading page without getting the GPU Error message. -_-

2 Likes

I haven’t installed the new driver yet. Any other negatives out there before I do?

Well I Installed the driver fresh using DDU and I could not even get past the loading screen without an error and it crashing. Apprently on the AMD Forums there is alot of people having issues with games stuttering, drivers crashing alot of people are going back to 22.5.1 which is what I went back to. So its up to you if you wanna try it but honestly to me it didnt work.

Did a quick test flight yesterday and had no issues with this new driver.

No noticable issues.
6800xt

So Im not going to install the new driver :hear_no_evil:

It would seem that, given the very rapid introduction of 22.10.3, that The Aviator3506 offered sound opinion. I certainly took note, did a wee bit of digging and did not install 22.10.2. So, thank you.