AMD has just released 21.5.2

I have an AMD system 5800X paired with a 6800XT all settings on Ultra 4K, live everything but Multi-Player but instrument refresh on medium.

Just updated to the 21.5.2 driver without any issues, systems ran as it did before and didn’t notice better or worse fps.

Here is a biggie, I did notice when my gamepad controller disconneted on standby it locked up the game. Wondering if this is happening to other players and thinking it’s the sim. That was on my Intel/Nvidia laptop though.

I fly the FBW A320, CRJ, Cessna 172 G3000, and others, the FBW is the most taxing on my system.

Are you running FS in VR or 2D? If in VR what headset are you using? I have almost the same system as you. I have the AMD 5950X with the RX 6800XT.

Tried with Freesync disabled. Had 2 CTDs within 20 minutes of launching VR in FS. First with the Fly by wire A32x. Second with the Caranado PA34 Seneca V. I am firmly convinced that the AMD GPU software is simply NFG with FS. I really wish I bought the Nvidea 3080 or 3090 last fall instead of this useless AMD RX 6800XT paperweight.

Earthyjugle276,
Unless I missed it I do not see where you may have tried driver 20.10.1. If you haven’t, give it a try.

I wanted to try it, but that driver is not compatible with the 6000 series of GPUs

1 Like

Ouch you just ruined one of the last microscopic hopes of ending CTDs.

1 Like

Try 20.11.2, which is one of the 1st for the 6000 Series. I have been plagued by the Driver Timeout since getting the 6800XT. Never had an issue with mu old Vega64. I made some changes last niight after reading some stuff over on the AMD site and I have done 4 different flights with 4 different aircraft, all flights around 1 hour in length, graphics all set to Ultra on 1440P, and not one single hickup tonight. Here are the changes that I made:

1. Installed 20.11.2 drivers
  2. Turned OFF Gaame-mode in Windows10
  3. Turned OFF Freesync in the AMD driver AND on my Dispaly
  4. Turned Frame limiter back to 60 from 30
  5. Turned the Refresh rate on monitor down to 60 from 120

Tomorrow may be a different story but I am a happy pilot right now. I am not sure what made the difference but I am thinking it has to be something in the Freesync system trying to reconsile the sim being limited to 60fps and then trying to reconsile that to a 120mhz display. The guys over at AMD were all saying to turn OFF Freesync, I just went a bit further. But I haven’t gotten the courage to try one of the latest drivers with these settings. If it WORKS, DON’T,

No VR just 1 32" Curved screen. The 6800XT with 16GB of ram is excellent. Can’t understand why Nvidia went down on ram from 11 to 10GB on the 3080. For that reason alone I avoided the 3080 and very glad I did, I love having 16GB of ram on my video card and I only paid $950.00 retail.

1 Like

I will try 20.11.2, but I never had CTD’s with any driver in 2D mode on my monitor. I only get CTD’s in VR.

My only solution to CTDs seems to be pretty much the same as IatotheX, except i’m using the latest driver.

1. Freesync OFF in the driver, but also have to switch it off in the Display, don’t know if everyone’s monitor can DO that.

2. Set Windows desktop to 60Hz.

3. Set MSFS to 30fps (60 also works), VSYNC ON.

4. Remember to reverse all that ■■■■ when I want to play other games.

I unravelled this after noticing that with my 144Hz monitor and Freesync and VSYNC ON, 60FPS setting results in 144FPS, 30FPS in 72FPS in game and 20 in 48FPS. But with the steps above the frame rates are as expected. I’ve posted a few bug reports to AMD. (6900XT, 5800x)