AMD Software Adrenalin 24.2.1 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the AMD Software: Adrenalin Driver version 24.2.1.

New Feature Highlights

• New Game Support
    • Skull and Bones™
    • Nightingale

Fixed Issues

• Improvements to intermittent driver timeout or application crash while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • Intermittent application crash when first launching Enshrouded or changing Anti-Aliasing settings on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Intermittent driver timeout or application crash may be considered while playing Counterstrike 2 with FSR enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
  • Improvements to excessive stutter while playing various games, including Battlefield™ 2042, Destiny 2, Overwatch 2, Monster Hunter: World, PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS and STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II.
  • Deathloop may experience extended loading times on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
  • Dead Space may experience an application crash after enabling RTAO on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Shadows may appear bright, or reflections may be missing while playing Enshrouded on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • HDR settings may intermittently fail to take effect while playing certain games such as Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth.
  • Graphics API metric may be incorrectly reported as DirectX® 12 for some Vulkan® games.
  • After a system reboot, Parsec host application may experience a crash on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.
  • During Microsoft Teams meetings, the camera may intermittently display looped footage on some AMD Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U Processor.
  • Oculus Rift S may display with a green tint on AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • AFMF may be inaccurately displayed on select hybrid graphics configurations, particularly in systems where one of the devices lacks support for AFMF. AFMF must be supported on the displaying GPU to be activated.

Known Issues

• Application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Starcraft II™ on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent driver timeout or application crash may be experienced after playing a mission and changing the in-game resolution while playing HELLDIVERS™ 2.
  • World of Warcraft may experience extended initial loading times with DirectX 12 API on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
  • Shader caching may fail for Windows usernames containing accented characters. [Resolution targeted for 24.3.1]
  • FPS performance metric may incorrectly report values while a game is minimized. [Resolution targeted for 24.3.1]
  • AMD SmartAccess Video may be incorrectly reported as “Available” on some systems with the Parsec Virtual Display Driver installed.
  • Performance drop may be observed while using some DirectML workloads in Topaz AI.
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q2]

Important Notes

• For users who previously installed an AMD Software preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Some per-game graphics profiles may have incorrectly been set to HYPR-RX Eco after a driver upgrade. Users experiencing this issue may use the Factory Reset option to return all profiles to default.

So far working ok here. Better than 24.1.1

1 Like

Hm interesting, for me it ended up with significantly less FPS and more stutters. Went back to the last version now and it’s better again.

For me 24.1.1 wasn’t so good, had to be on 23.12.1.
Edit: 6800XT

Seems like I need to take back my statement about the worse performance.
It’s the F111 plane that drops my FPS, also in the old driver (the plane had an update this week, might have reduced performance).
Using other planes give me the usual kinda good performance (if that’s a thing you can have in FS2020 :smiley: )

1 Like

This driver is not showing up if I go trough the steps in the AMD website nor trough the Adrenalin updater.

Click the OP link…

Oh, I already download the driver by the link. I’m just pointing out that it’s not avaliable anywhere else.

1 Like

The AFMF in 24.2.1 is much worse here than in 24.1.1, it seems the transitions when changing cameras are much slower and the ghosting/tearing on digital screens are horrible, even worse than the first AFMF preview driver they released last year… rolled back to 24.1.1 and it’s pretty smooth again.

6750XT and 5800x3d here and using AMD Clean Install Utility before updating.

1 Like

Funny, for me it’s better without the AFMF. Plains smotth and fast. Disabling vsync kills it.

There is an option in the amd control panel for preferred installed drivers- WHQL or newest.
Away from pc, so no screenshots, but it is there in options.

All - pls keep in mind these are not WHQL released drivers so basically beta.

2 Likes