Amelia Earhart - possible DLC?

I would love to see a DLC where it includes her last flight plan, a Electra, and includes all of the airfields that she landed on.

It could (if everyone was being super duper serious) include things like the Itasca and other key event’s that help provide the right atmosphere.

I know I think this would be a big ask to develop, as a lot of it would have to just be “best effort” since we haven’t done a great job keeping track of the airfields and such (last I checked nearly 1/3 of the airfields she flew to don’t exist in any capacity anymore) and virtually none of them have full blueprints of what they were like then. But, even if we got 50% of the experience, it might go a long way.

16 Likes

I agree this would be nice.

1 Like

Interesting, you have my attention…

1 Like

yes, that sounds insane, its the best idea of an msfs2020 addon to date.

2 Likes

Yeah, the accurate night sky that is already in the game would really put the icing on the cake for some realistic navigation options for early historic flights.

I’d get lost, but I’d give it a shot. Emergency landing and coconuts is how many of my bush flights end already! :coconut:

3 Likes

This is a great idea for a DLC and of course can be taken wider again into many other flights. Charles Lindbergh anyone?

5 Likes

They could think about an “historical DLC”, including Amelia, Wright Brothers, Santos Dumont, Roland Garros… and, for sure, their historical aircraft.

5 Likes

Great idea!!! I’m on board.

1 Like

This idea is fantastic, I really hope they seriously pursue it.

1 Like

Maybe move to wishlists? It would be great.

1 Like

Lovely request!! +1

1 Like

Keep in mind, they already have the mechanism to deliver this with their scenery challenges. They can modify that very slightly and call it “historical” challenges. I think Wright Brothers could be a GREAT first intro into this game play type. It would be easy to find a hill in North Carolina and just say “take off and land”.

2 Likes

I would say many folks are already enjoying the Amelia Earhart experience. You fly, and then you crash (to desktop). lol

But seriously…

This is what came to mind when I saw this thread originally as well. Including the historical aircraft and missions to recreate their historic flights would actually be a cool DLC IMHO. Just Amelia Earhart would be far too limits in terms of content to constitute DLC pack on its own.

3 Likes

Absolutely.
It has everything a good DLC needs. A great plane, a great route with an even greater challenge, and even a great story with one of the world’s greatest mysteries.

1 Like

Something like this would be great. I clearly remember MSFS 2004 having lots of these

2 Likes

@Asobo
Amelia Earhart day is July 24.
That could be a huge MSFS livestreaming event too.

2 Likes

I’m going to zombie this

2 Likes