Anacortes, Washington Terrain Elevation Wrong (74S)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The terrain was fine at this airport now it’s completely wrong, the runway is now down in a gully of sorts.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Spawn at Anacortes 74S (I tried on two different PCs)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Update before this one

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I flew here yesterday, it’s a hot mess!

Yes

No extra information needed. The airport is in a ditch.

I use this airport as well (74S Anacortes) Elevation is all wrong! the airport is on a pit.

Yes.

In addition to the airport being significantly lower than the terrain around it the west side of the runway is bumpy like it is just terrain and the parking is on a steep hill, some 20 degrees or so.

Probably not a place many may fly in or out of but this is NOT right. Just curious if anyone else is seeing it or if it’s just another one of those mystery glitches I have to accept.

The only thing level is the runway. Taxiing uphill (or down) is an experience as well. :wink:

What airport was this at?

EDIT: Anacortes Airport

As he said: 74S at Anacortes.

@OldCoastie8418: I have not flown into that airport but I have dropped in there by car a few years ago. Unless my memory is REALLY bad, it did not look like like that in real life… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I will take a flight by there a bit later to see if it looks the same to me.

You are not alone…

Should file an official bug on this. I’ve been by there IRL and I can tell you that physics work normally in that area. :slight_smile:

Voted.

Anyone who flies around the San Juans, knows of the famous KORS (thank you AVAngel), or anyone who seeks some balance in this world would agree that this needs to be fixed.

Why it’s left up to a vote is kinda silly-- just fix please.

Anyway, spawning cold and dark without the parking brake set was… :scream:

Have a good day all!

Also, FWIW, this issue was introduced with WU10…

So, I assume you can just uninstall WU10 and the elevation issues we resolve themselves(?). I haven’t tried this, but that’s what I’m thinking out loud.

I used to fly in-and-out 74S somewhat routinely, so I can attest to elevation issues were not always there.

This needs to be fixed in the sim, of course, but in the meantime, Photosbykev has released a terraforming mod that will flatten things out in the meantime. It can be found in the comments at the Anacortes add-on scenery here:

I’m glad it’s not just me. This is a real bug and it is not fixed as of August 22, 2022.

It also seems to get mixed up with Anacortes Skyline Water landing 21H.

YES

It does not matter if I start the flight there or fly to it

Is already posted in the thread

After the latest SU10 update + all world updates the terrain around this airport is corrupt. It shows the airport in a valley. The airports building is on rather steep slope. Compare this to Orbx 74S for P3D5

Been like that for quite a while:

Issue no longer occurs as of 1.30.7.0.