Analog C172 Fuel Shutoff Won't Turn On

It seems that no matter what you do wih the well-hidden fuel pull-knob, it returns to the out position (presumably off). As I’ve never run out of fuel, try activating fuel toggle key sequence instead.

For another reported issue, I’d experimented a bit this morning with adding key sequences for left tank, right tank and center (both). Center doesn’t work at all (conflicts with checklist), but always moves to left tank.

Thx, yeah need to report about it. I will using different plane instead than.
I will try fuel toggle key and see if this works.

If you click it once, it should still start. At least that was my experience the last time I flew the plane. Apparently, it’s a new animation issue.

1 Like

It’s just a visual bug.

Starting the engine does still work

Not working. The switch back to previous position.

Just click it once - it still works, even though it looks like it doesn’t. Note in this pic that the cutoff knob is out (off position), but my engine is still running.

1 Like

I done this but not working for me. The engine not starting because have not fuel. For me is not just visual.

Make sure you click only once. If that doesn’t work, then you have another issue.

1 Like

Ok, let mi try.

Ok, working, thank you! I don’t know how many time I tried this but maybe I pushing this switch like crazy :rofl:
Thank you ones again.

2 Likes

Kind of like the Ammeter showing discharging with the ALT switch on. Same issue with the fuel valve. If you push it once it enables fuel flow but still looks as if it is in cut off position.

Brief description of the issue:
Cessna 172 fuel shutoff valve control does not stay pushed in. PULL OFF is the default state. When clicked, the valve control moves in and then pops back out, which is to indicate it is still shutoff. Referencing cockpit tooltips, however, indicates that the valve is open and then the engine will start so this is just a graphic issue.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Load a default flight with the Cessna 172 Skyhawk (in this case I used the non-Garmin 1000 version but that version may have the same issue). PUSH the fuel shutoff valve knob to OPEN. Knob will graphically return to the closed/pulled position even though the valve is now open. Function is good and the valve does open…graphic issue only.

I’ve got the same issue. Have you submitted a bug report?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Re-opened.

Thank you! This issue is still occurring. Hope it gets ironed out in the next update. For now, vote!

I had already voted so not sure why it was closed if it was not fixed or did it time out.

1 Like

It timed out, yeah.

It is fixed in 1.14.5.0 (SimUpdate 3)

Awesome! :))