Analog C172 Fuel Shutoff Won't Turn On

Brief description of the issue:

The fuel shutoff valve on the standard C172 will not turn on. I click it, it moves in, and then it immediately moves back out. I’ve tried restarting the sim several times to no avail.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Click on the fuel shutoff valve. It won’t open. It seems it might just be an animation bug. I used Ctrl-E and it started just fine. When I clicked on it again, it stayed out, and the engine cut. I clicked one more time (to turn it on) and it started without an issue (but the lever stayed out).

wild guess … make sure the AI pilot is not ON.

Also, try CTRL-E … if that can start the plane, then the valve must be ON …

I mainly fly the C172 classic in the sim, not been an issue for me (so far !! )

If others were having this issue, the forum would be Flooded with “Reports”

I have the same issue, began after update this evening…

Confirmed…

The issue is, it will not TOGGLE with user control… it will always jump back to where it 1st was, either on or off.

If you CTRL-E it will turn on and stay on.

then you cannot manual turn it off !!!

Prior to yesterdays update, it was working correctly.
It also works correctly in the C172 G1000

So its only an issue in the C172 Classic.

How did that get broken !!! ( gets my Vote )

GOOD CATCH – maybe you could get a job as a QC tester for Asobo !!!

Haha thank you! Bummer that this happened.

At least you can work around it … CTRL E to turn it on, (or maybe even the AI Pilot can) and let the AI Pilot tun it off for you when you park. …

Is it a MOUSE issue, – ie Can you bind it to a Keyboard key ??

I bet it was caused in this update by some changes to make it VR controllable !!!

1 Like

Visually it jumps back out, but I’m still able to start the engine once I pushed it in (and it jumped out again).

@N6722C no workaround needed.

1 Like

Yep I realized this too. Yesterday I thought that wasn’t the case, but tried again today (one push) and it started up.

so its an Animation issue !!! … I guess that’s as good as it gets, --if there is going to be an issue, it is just limited to the animation…

Not that any USER is able to get into the Asobo Animations yet … ( … and on top of that, this is a DRM protected Plane.) – ASOBO will need to “fix” it .

You Guys need to start VOTING this one !!!
So far, I am the only one !!!

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Cessna 172 classic. The fuel shut-off valve control is always in the "closed" state

Are you able to consolidate these two issues so we are able to get more votes?

Unfortunately, I didn’t find any tools for combining topics (most likely only available to administrators), so I left a link to this topic with a request to vote.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

One interesting change in this new update.

The Model files have shrunk by about 50% …
Current version . Model folder = approx 24 Meg
Prior Version. Model folder = approx 50 Megs

Maybe in the process or “optimizing”, the fuel shut-off animation got broken ??

( Optimized for VR ?? - smaller = faster = better FPS for VR ?? )

It seems that the latest update (1.12.13.0) broke the display of the open state of the fuel supply shut-off valve. When pressed, the valve always returns to its original “closed” state, while the actual fuel supply is carried out.

It’s just a visuell bug.
Once pushed in, you can start the engine. It just visually looks like the valve jumps back out.

1 Like

Please report to Zendesk

Yes, I immediately sent them a report. I hope they pay attention to this.

I am surprised by such obvious mistakes. Did no one from the Asobo team bother to check the aircraft’s systems before releasing the update, even just start the engine, Why such irresponsibility?

It’s these kinds of bugs that make me wonder how they creep in. What need was there to alter the animation of that knob?

Anyone have problem with fuel switch on Cessna 172? Switch not working, back to off position. I can’t start the plane without fuel access. Any ideas besides taking off on the runway?