Analog Gauges App

Hi all fellow flight sim enhusiasts. I have made an analog gauges addon with C#. I am planning to write a tutorial. I would like to have some feedback. If someone is interested of this project welcome aboard! I am planning to make this free and open source. screenshot

4 Likes

I’m very interested. How to I go about testing it?

Hi folks! If you want to build and test this, please send your github username. I can also share ready built x64 app if you want, just ask. I send you a link to my drive.

1 Like

Phew, i make this easier to you and myself. Here are repo and app. Please write some feedback!

3 Likes

If you want to support me, here is the way to do it:

Here is an example video: https://youtu.be/aRtdx3ezZNs

Good job, works fine. Do you think about scalability, they are currently a bit too big for me?

Pretty neat, just tried them. Agree with the post above, would be good to adjust their size. BTY, I made a autohotkey script to turn them on and off.

Anyway to insert an elevator trim gauge?

Sure! I made it scalable, new build is in drive and repo is updated.

1 Like

Yes it is possible. I want all gauges to have real reference. Maybe I do a separate trim window?

Your script sounds cool! How do you made it and when do use it?

Hit shift i.

ToggleWinMinimize(TheWindowTitle)
{
SetTitleMatchMode,2
DetectHiddenWindows, Off
IfWinActive, %TheWindowTitle%
{
WinMinimize, %TheWindowTitle%
}
Else
{
IfWinExist, %TheWindowTitle%
{
WinGet, winid, ID, %TheWindowTitle%
DllCall(“SwitchToThisWindow”, “UInt”, winid, “UInt”, 1)
}
}
Return
}

+i::ToggleWinMinimize(“Analog Instruments”)

Have you used this app while flying? Do you like it? What features should I add next?

The app works super fine. Great job.
Two suggestions, but I don’t know if it is complex:

• VOR, ADF or GPS ?
  • abitiy to modify the range of the gauges, maybe from a textual description file ?

Thank you for your feedback Helix! Do you mean with VOR/ADF/GPS a new gauge or display or do you mean that gyro compass should have a needle?
I have started to make a dynamic airspeed meter. It should read the aircraft and adjust airspeed colors, range and redline accordingly.

I tend to prefer a new gauge, but an HSI have the advantage of compactness.
Great news for the dynamic airspeed meter, really cool if there is even no need to manually set the ranges.
Thanks for your work.

I started making HSI. It will be great! I am thinking about the order of gauges. What order would you prefer? Now it is just sixpack in one line.
Here is a link to airspeed gauge data if you are interested.

v0.0.2a released. GPS driven HSI was added.

Roadmap:

• airspeed gauge changes with aircraft
  • pitch trim gauge
2 Likes

Release 0.0.3 is near! Only playtesting is left before publishing.
Upcoming updates:

• Automatic airspeed indicator range and redline on ranges 140, 160, 200, 240,260, 300 and 450 knots.
  • Elevator trim indicator
  • Gauge window fixed scale

Do you have any feature ideas or bugs or anything else?

1 Like