Anchorage Fireworks

Landing in Anchorage, AK tonight and saw what looked like fireworks. I thought it was just a bright spot but then saw it fading and brightening like it was multiple bursts. Saw some posts about them in spots on New Years but it’s 2/10. Cool touch anyway.

Looks like the sun peeking through the cloud layer to me

I thought that too except over time it was kind of sparkling points brightly, fading, almost disappearing and then bursting out brightly all during a couple minutes after I noticed it. I’ve seen the sun through the clouds before in the program and it seemed more of an even dull shade.

If you see that again, one thing to try and do would be to change the weather to clear skies and see what’s there.

It is a UFO…for sure

By definition

1 Like

You’re right! I went back and the sun was at the horizon. Although it looked like a dull sun most of the time as it set, occasionally the clouds got thicker and that sparkly fireworks look partially appeared. Disappointing, I thought fireworks would be cool.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.