And if not, when is condensation going to happen?

What I dont get op is you say you want close to the real thing. In the real thing your not looking at your plane from the outside 3rd person view. You spending your time monitoring you cockpit, and the world to your left forward right, so you wouldnt even see that effect IRL IMHO.

I rolled through the virgin snow the other day, didnt kick up 1 bit of snow nor did it leave tracks as well. I think thats just as important and condensation on the wings. NOT

Hey Asabo did one better with SU7! Why just have wing condensation when you can have constant ground condensation with HAZEY GROUND CLOUDS! :rofl: Jokes aside, while this effect is cool in DCS there is so much work to be done in MSFS. Iā€™d put this at the bottom of the stackā€¦

1 Like

Indeed, you are right, in reality in a fighter plane cockpit, we donā€™t have the head like an owl that allows us to look through the canopy from all angles. like on this video:

youā€™re right, i do agree with you, but my remark is not the only one, you know? itā€™s just one, among many others. Now, I stopped some time ago to do pure simulation side of itā€¦ I am uncertain about the future of this game on the next years, so since everything is for the eyes, so this remark and request is right, no?

1 Like

I am not convinced it is needed in the way people are expecting it o be implemented (like in the movies and other sims)

As far as I know, humidity is not currently being processed in MSFS, either visually or as a feature of the atmosphere. Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™ve said this is future feature (next year maybe?, maybe 2023).

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I assume you havenā€™t met the rivet counters yet? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out the condensation effects for the
F-18 via this mod on Flightsim.to

**not sure if weā€™re allowed to provide links, but the title of the mod is:

F/A-18 Super Warrior

1 Like

Thank you very much, I didnā€™t know this mod.
It works well, even if it is not perfect.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome! I just found out a few days ago myself. Surprised I havenā€™t seen it talked about more.

1 Like

Meteoblue has humidity weather map here. They can implement it if they want to.

Weather Maps | Live Satellite & Weather Radar - meteoblue

1 Like

Hmm Iā€™m not sure, but when i fly the new F18 jet near mach levels at ground level and then dramatically raise and lower the nose periodically in waves, there is some kind of ā€œcondensation plume lineā€ visible after a while on the nose top that follows your movements.
Is this part of what you guys are talking about? If time allows, i will try to catch it in a screenshot.

look at the videos above, of real planes, if what you are talking about is similar to the real thing

1 Like

This is not the effect i ment, but nevertheless looks pretty cool :slight_smile:
I made some effort to capture this ā€œnose effectā€ā€¦ after the 30ths attempt i could finally make the screenshot right:

Its barely noticable and is highly depending on the speed, weather (works best with high moisture) and the altitudeā€¦ its also more noticable in the actual game when moving, instead of a still image.

No idea if this is condensation or maybe even the visible sound cone when exceeding mach levels? Though i was subsonic in this momentā€¦

Btw, i was pulling up in this picture. Thats the reason this ā€œhalo lineā€ is directed towards the ground.

thanks for the mention! I do struggle to have accurate humidity calculations by weather engine, as all effects are just cosmetic - canā€™t see a point make them more complex at the moment.

2 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome! The effects youā€™re focused on with your mod are the ones Iā€™m most looking forward to. Very cool. Iā€™m amazed at what modders can accomplish,especially when the SDK is still coming along. And of course, the limitations like how humidity is handled (or the lack thereof).

Thank you so much for your efforts, greatly appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.