Angle of Attack Indicator

Is there any way to turn off or hide the angle of attack indicator? I don’t want to see it or hear it.

An AOA gauge is your single most useful instrument in determining final approach airspeed, and other maneuvers, as it is independent of weight, bank angle, temperature, density altitude, and CG. There is no need to compute a final approach airspeed. Just fly the appropriate AOA.

8 Likes

You don’t need it. Fly the aircraft, listen to the aircraft, feel the aircraft. There is a great video of Chuck Yeager saying that if you need an AOA indicator, you shouldn’t be flying. It’s personal preference. If you like it, use it. It annoys me and I would like to disable it. It beeps constantly during aerobatics because you are always on the edge of the envelope.

1 Like

Good luck with „feeling“ an Airbus. :sweat_smile:

I think what you are asking for is a means to turn off the AOA indicator (audio and/or visually) in specific aircraft. There isn’t any global way to do this, as far as I know. And frankly, I think there are higher priorities right now.

Maybe it could be done with a mod, but you’ll have to say which aircraft you are referring to.

What you want to deactivate doesn’t seem to be the AoA indicator, which is a silent gauge.
And NO you cannot deactivate the stall warning on a plane :smile: I suppose if you make a mod, you could deactivate the stall warning function in the simulation for all planes… But I really struggle to see the profit if you like flying !

1 Like

One a/c that does have the option is the TBM. on/off/auto.

1 Like