[ANNOUNCEMENT] Alexander Schleicher K8B

Hi everyone!
Today I’m proud to finally show you my recreation of the Alexander Schleicher K8B.
Everything you see is still pretty much a WIP and is subject to change.
You can expect to see more detailed updates over the next few weeks and months but for now here’s a little teaser. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Very nice! If you need help from a real glider pilot please send me a p.m. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I am looking forward to that iconic glider plane and it wakes fond memories about my first solo flights as student. The exam flight I did in the Ka7 though

Good success and please keep us posted.

1 Like

Hey everyone!
This update took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I am currently in the process of implementing some of the new functionality that we got with SU11.
The picture below is already a few weeks old but I still thought it’s worth sharing.

Everything you see is still pretty much a WIP and is subject to change.

3 Likes

Thank you for your work. Every new glider in msfs is much appreciated. Good that there are people wanting to implement not only high performance gliders.
From the outside it looks quite similar to Ka6 and szd-30 pirat I have flown in RL. Please keep us updated about your progress.

Hey everyone! Quick Update: Not a lot has happened on the K8 since the last update.
Im currently mostly working on the Synaptic A22X but expect some news on the K8B soon. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey everyone!
Progress has been rather slow over the last few weeks as I’m currently in the process of fixing some issues here and there and I’ve also started gathering reference for the small canopy and the open canopy. You can expect further progress in the coming weeks and months. But for the time being, here are a couple more WIP screenshots.

4 Likes

Hi everyone!
Looks very good. I am very interested in this because I fly this plane in rl. Are ther news about the project. Or do you have an idea when you would release this?

Hi, im progress has been rather slow lately and i’m still in the process of unwrapping, texturing and fixing some issues here and there. I plan to release an progress update in the coming few weeks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright, nice! I am exited

Hey there, its been quite some time since the last update. I’m not quite ready yet to show some of the new texturing and the region under the wing cover that i’ve been working on but in the meantime here are a few more WIP Screenshots. As always everything you see is still pretty much a WIP and is subject to change.

5 Likes

Over the last few days, I’ve fixed several issues regarding the fuselage shape. The fuselage’s overall form is now more precise compared to the previous version. As promised in the last update here is a first work-in-progress screenshot of the area under the wing cover. There are still a few issues here and there but I hope to have them resolved in the near future. Please keep in mind that these are still work-in-progress screenshots and texturing has not yet been implemented.

6 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
Mach hinne
1 month left and then it’s time for presents? !!

Mach hinne
1 Monat noch und dann ist Bescherung? !!

MODERATOR EDIT:
Hello tjburni2270,

How long before KA8 is released?

LG Linus

Moin tjburni2270,

Wie weit ist die Ka8 denn?

LG Linus

Hey, it will probably still take quite some time as I’m doing this project in my free time

Couldn’t you release a beta?

I currently have no plans for a public beta.