[ANNOUNCEMENT] Crew Manager

I am pleased to announce the development of Crew Manager, a next-generation passenger and crew simulator for MSFS2020 which leverages the power of the cloud to deliver immersive experiences through any hardware.

Like my other project FindMyPlane, this will be free and open source. It will rely on a tiny, lightweight client which runs on the PC running your simulator while everything else will run in the cloud and through the web in any modern browser.

Key features:

• Intuitive and modern interface which runs on a second device, freeing up your primary screen for the cockpit and avoids tabbing between programs

• 10,000 persistent travellers with names, realistic AI-generated photos, needs, frequent flyer status, likes and dislikes - get to know your regulars on your routes. And they get to know you too - give them a bumpy ride and they might not look forward to your next flight.

• Passenger needs modelled in real-time: hunger, thirst, bathroom need, boredom, etc - if you leave the seatbelt sign on for too long passengers will start to get restless; forget to start the drinks service and they’ll get thirsty.

• Natural language processing: command your crew by just asking for what you want. No commands to learn or menus to click through.

• Advanced voice recognition powered by Google Cloud means no typing if you don’t want to - just speak

• Fly any equipment, or build your own

• Intuitive seat map editor which updates and displays results in real time: editing XML is so 2002

I am still in development but will be opening a beta testing programme in the coming weeks. If you are interested to sign up please visit https://crewmanager.live/

I am also actively looking for collaborators. The system is built in Python/Flask back end and HTML/Bootstrap/JS/JQuery front end so if you have skills there then please drop me a message here or on github (http://github.com/hankhank10/).

13 Likes

I am pleased to announce that I am now accepting beta applications for Crew Manager, a next-generation passenger and crew simulator for MSFS2020 which leverages the power of the cloud to deliver immersive experiences through any hardware.

Like my other project FindMyPlane, this will be free and open source. It will rely on a tiny, lightweight client which runs on the PC running your simulator while everything else will run in the cloud and through the web in any modern browser.

Key features:

• Intuitive and modern interface which runs on a second device, freeing up your primary screen for the cockpit and avoids tabbing between programs

• 10,000 persistent travellers with names, realistic AI-generated photos, needs, frequent flyer status, likes and dislikes - get to know your regulars on your routes. And they get to know you too - give them a bumpy ride and they might not look forward to your next flight.

• Passenger needs modelled in real-time: hunger, thirst, bathroom need, boredom, etc - if you leave the seatbelt sign on for too long passengers will start to get restless; forget to start the drinks service and they’ll get thirsty.

• Natural language processing: command your crew by just asking for what you want. No commands to learn or menus to click through.

• Advanced voice recognition powered by Google Cloud means no typing if you don’t want to - just speak

• Fly any equipment, or build your own

• Intuitive seat map editor which updates and displays results in real time: editing XML is so 2002

The app and the beta is free. You can sign up at https://crewmanager.live/

7 Likes