[ANNOUNCEMENT] DA50 RG | Got Friends

So a while ago I picked up a nice DA50 RG Exterior model that would have been collecting dust if it weren’t for some spare time.

I could have built the entire interior from scratch but in real life, the DA50 shares so much with the DA62. Main Fuselage, slightly modified interior… so I did what any evil villain would do, I began MSFS’ most complex cockpit swap to date. This saves me time, resources, and allows me to focus on DA50 Features and remodeling the current default setup.

Of course, bringing a Diamond aircraft to the simulator without bringing @MrTommymxr onboard would be a shame. So together, we are going to fix it all up and bring you a unique DA50 RG. Still have loads of work to do on the interior and exterior to make it match real DA50 designs… but it’s close.

Original Model = Top
Modified DA62 Model = Bottom
(Still got plenty to do on the 3D Model)

62 Likes

I adore this plane in real life. Hope you can do it justice.

5 Likes

Slowly transitioning out of Asobo Assets and implementing everything you know and love on the DA50 RG. Also… it won’t be releasing without at least the initial design of the DA50. I’m definitely not just doing a cockpit swap, I’ve imported the main DA62 as a starting point and doing heavy modifications. It will have a custom flight model and corresponding avionics. By all means, our team of Got Friends will take our turns fixing it up in our spare time. For now, I’m also spending most my free time with MrTommyMXR and we will get this thing up to standard the way it’s meant to be portrayed.

28 Likes

Fantastic! I’ll be following this project closely.

2 Likes

ohhh boy :eyes:

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing, if this was posted on April 1 I would have been worried.

Awesome stuff! I was hoping somebody would give this a go. Looking forward to it. :pray:

This is great news for a wet Monday morning. Thank you.

oh wow… hats off to you guys!

Brilliant. Very exited about this project!

Looking forward to test flying it :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to fly this!

Personal Comments

LOL I’ll be one of the six who download it (as unofficial Secretary of the Cessna JT-A Club). I kid. I kid. There will be more than that in terms of interest, I’m sure. Looking forward to it! Good luck @DigitalJonx and @MrTommymxr

2 Likes

Great news !!!
Looking forward to flying it

Update #1: The Hard Part is Over…

The DA62 Fuselage and Interior is fully welded into to the DA50 Exterior Model!

Phew… Now I can focus on each switch, button, cushion, animation, etc.

Time to Customize!

24 Likes

That already looks pretty advanced. I expect the small aft windows are remnants from the DA62?

Correct, that’s what I’m working on right now! :slight_smile: Now that the dust is settled and it’s welded, I can work on the small design details like window removal, center console remodel, single engine avionics, etc.

3 Likes

I hadn’t even realised that the DA50 and DA62 basically share the same fuselage until I saw your thread. It’s the same situation as with the Baron and the Bonanza. Put two engines on the wings and change the nose and you get a completely different looking plane

3 Likes

Tomorrow some of the Got Friends Developers are taking turns fixing it up. Tonight I was able to fully reconstruct the Rudder Pedals. They are now clean, properly UV unwrapped and ready for placement.

9 Likes

Looking forward to @MrTommymxr’s sarcastic one-liners! :smiley:

2 Likes