[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

WIP026.11.21
Blinds :grinning: :+1:

12 Likes

WIP 27.11.21
ICE :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

What a wonderful touch adding blinds. Loving the details!

1 Like

Thank you! Blinds still WIP. We will add some 3D details to the edges and some masks to base textures.

1 Like

ICE :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

ICE v.2.0 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

15 Likes

Wow, something about the lighting made this very hard for me to distinguish from reality.

1 Like

This is true!!! PBR textures with modern lighting and shadows create this magic! :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

i wish you guys luck with this work, and want to my self to get minimum compromised cockpit, as close to real as possible, that’s way i love guys like a2a
and for sure slava ukraini

1 Like

Героям Слава!!! :ukraine: :v:
This Porter our “dreamplane” and will be as close to the real as possible! :grinning: :+1:

6 Likes

So you are using the same “mickey mouse” icing effect compared to the default MSFS planes? You won’t pick-up ice on the side of the fuselage, vertical stabilizer, side windows etc. unless you park the aircraft outside overnight in freezing fog. The whole icing effect is an Asobo fantasy.

3 Likes

Hi Nijntje91! Thank you very much for this information - "…You won’t pick-up ice on the side of the fuselage, vertical stabilizer, side windows etc…"
We have tested how to apply and control icing effect on a airframe. Now we try to make ice effect on a windshield. We still looking for a good images of a real icing on a wings, fuselage and windshield. It is not clear yet on which parts icing are developing in flight.

3 Likes

The parts facing the direction of travel, being hit square on by the wind, I would surmise.

A real, non-aviation related example. I went cycling the other day, and it started to rain quite heavily. The front of my head was soaked, but the hair at the back of my head remained dry.

A stretch I would admit, but its physics in action.

3 Likes

Exactly this, maybe some flowback on the wing slightly passed the leading edges but definitely not on side of fuselage, tail, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information! :+1: :+1: :+1:
So, If we put ice only on a front nose part, wings/stabilizer edge is this correct? How about Windshield?

Ice Formation on Aircraft 1961 US Navy Pilot Training Film

3 Likes

look at the 1 minute mark for windshield icing

4 Likes

Thank you for the video! :+1:
We still testing possible Windshield icing animation.

5 Likes

Does the SDK allow for where the icing appears? Can the icing be “masked” off in areas you would nort want it to appear? I don’t think I’ve seen a single other plane where icing on side windows does not occur, and in fact appears at the same rate as leading edge surfaces, and the wind screen.

1 Like

Yes it possible to put ICE at any place you want and even control when and where ICE will appear first. But we are not able to put a good ICE effect on a windshield yet.

1 Like

guys, how about speed limitation for ice? porter is not very fast bird, and that’s may be off topic, but i heard ice wouldn’t create ever if ac go fast enough, is it possible to modelling?(speed depending of icing)

1 Like