[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlyingIron F6F-5 Hellcat

Has anyone noticed that the reading on the speed indicator and the indicated speed on the tablet are very different? Shouldn’t they be the same?

Is one in knots and the other in MPH?

Speed indicator says knots and tablet kts, but just checked that the tablet probably shows MPH as 200 knots indicated was about 230 kts on the tablet.

2 Likes

You’re right about that, and it already has been fixed in the update we’re working on.

5 Likes

GotGravel please remember to make the canopy slide aft a bit more! :pray:

2 Likes

Watching this one… will wait until the first update to see if some stuff gets cleaned up… looks great so far.

I have to admit that I found the Hellcat quite ugly at first (the real life plane, FlyingIron 3d model is outstanding), but the custom taildragger behavior (a feature sorely missing in MSFS) alone makes this aircraft worth it. The plane can be trimmed nicely in every axis and is quite enjoyable to fly, while the sounds always remind you that you are flying a beast.

FlyingIron planes have all been beautifully modeled, they update their products and customer service is excellent. Prices are also very reasonable. Personally, I rate them at the same category or higher than Just Flight, Aerosoft and Milviz.

6 Likes

Agreed. FlyingIron = Instabuy, no questions asked!

6 Likes

No Hellcat in today’s Xbox marketplace update :disappointed:

Unfortunately, there was a delay on Microsoft’s end due to a mixup regarding SU10 requirements. I believe the issue has been sorted, so we hope it is processed and released within the next 1-2 weeks.

Apologies for the wait!

3 Likes

Thank you I really hope next week :crossed_fingers:

Hey Devs, minor gripe… perhaps the start up sounds/animation could be tweaked? It is rather abrupt from cranking over to catching… not sure what can be done but the Flysimware 414 has it down. Cheers!

2 Likes

Any news from Microsoft? Could we finally be getting the Hellcat this week? :pray:

No news yet unfortunately, it’s still in testing.

2 Likes

A colourful repaint of mine:

12 Likes

No Hellcat in this weeks marketplace update either! Really hope next week is the week

@Donny6171 any news for the marketplace release yet? Can’t wait!

No updates from MS yet unfortunately, it’s still in testing.

1 Like

I say this every week but I really hope it comes in this weeks marketplace update :pray:

I can’t wait to have the Hellcat in my hanger I love both the spitfire and P-38

2 Likes