[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlyingIron F6F-5 Hellcat

Just noticed it released, just bought it, and cannot even enjoy it until Im done work later this evening…. LOL. impulse buy or what…. Super excited.

Looks like I’ll be picking up this bird later :+1: ( really enjoy their Spitfire :+1:) .

Will bring back memories of watching this movie …

3 Likes

I bought and can’t use it until Monday evening. Trumped!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone manage to get the oil and intercooler levers to work an axis on SPAD/AAO? I tried the same command that’s actuated on dragging the lever, but lost on how to get the position set between 0 and 0.035 (why not 0-1?). Also, even when I set the assigned lever on my throttle quadrant to a position on that 0-0.035 range (well, I only managed the 0 one), the cockpit lever doesn’t actually move.

Edit: Solved the first one (0.035 range), but still no dice. While I see the variable number move with the lever, the animation does not move and as soon as I let go of the lever the variable resets to where the cockpit lever was at.

FAA(001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

FAA(006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

6 Likes

Hello again,
after a superb 3 Hour Flight my Battery died while tuning in ATIS-Frequency for LEMD. In the Workshop was all green but the Voltmeter show 0 V. Engine was running smoothly so i made an Electric-off Landing. My Temps on CHT (230° C) and Oil (95° C) was also higher than in the POH though i open the Cowlflaps 15 % and the Oilflaps 20 %. Engine was running at 37 MP and 2.200 RpM, Mixture Auto-Lean. Environment Southwest Spain FL 5.000 ft.

My 3rd flight went fine. Over half an hour with no monkey business and 0.0% permanent damage to the engine, according to the EFB. I must have done something right! The landing also was a pleasant 3-pointer, straight as an arrow. A pure joy to fly!

P.S.: I might be imagining things, but I believe this is the first aircraft in the sim where the tailwheel lock has the intended effect.

1 Like

Great aircraft, flies well with no major issues. Wouldn’t expect anything less from Flying Iron! :slight_smile: But I’m unable to press anything on the tablet. Maybe it’s not functional?

1 Like

Thank you!
The tablet works well, you likely have something in your community that conflicts. Do you have the Heavy-Division/B78XH mod installed by any chance? If so, restart MSFS without that in Community.

Seems like your generator was not charging your system. This could happen if you’re idling on the tarmac, as the generator only kicks in at 1300RPM. Another possibility is that you accidentally hit a keybind that disables the generator.
Also, besides the engine starter (1920W), the Pitot Heater consumes 125W. Should be no issue though when your generator runs. Verify volts and amps using the gauge in the electrical panel from time to time during flight. Observe how the needle reacts the moment the generator kicks in.

Guys at FlyingIron just won’t disappoint. Amazing modelling, textures and sound! Ground handling feels very different than Asobo stock, more natural. GotGravel did amazing job with system modelling, I just tried different power settings at different altitudes and watched how MP, RPM, CHT, Oil temp, cooler settings interact. Suprisingly I needed a little bit of oil cooler open at very low altitudes even with very low MP at 2k RPM. And even my little replacement of GTN750 is working. :+1:

3 Likes

Wait, did I just do a flat spin? I’m not sure I have managed one in MSFS before.

1 Like

Is it just me, or does it look like the canopy should open more? The actual sliding canopy stops when it hits the antenna mast, which I believe is correct, but the opening does not appear as wide as shown in photos (attached). It is difficult to imagine a pilot in full kit being able to squeeze into the cockpit. Perhaps the antenna mast needs to be moved slightly to the rear? Beautiful model, in any case. Can’t wait put it through it’s pace after work!

3 Likes

Thanks, that solved the problem. Much appreciated!

3 Likes

OK first flight, just a quick test…. Couple of issues, although it may have been something I did…

No control of mixture, it keep bouncing (the lever) between full rich and partially leaned, engine actuality cut out at one point, had to restart.
Prop level, slight control of, but was also jumping all over the place.
Fuel, when landed I tryed to turn off the fuel, but everytime i turned the switch, it would switch back to the right tank…. Very strange.

Other than that, it was a lovely first flight, sounds are amazing and the castering tail wheel…. Wow, totally different way to taxi…. Other than those couple strange weirdness I had, Im looking forward to learning all about this bird…. :slight_smile:

That so sucks…. I;m gunna have to update my top 5 list for you now…

2 Likes

Do you have mixture and prop mapped to physical axes? It sounds a lot like physical axes fighting against mouse and/or key commands.

My warbird buds over at the Outhouse are giving high marks - and if they like it, it must be good!

2 Likes

Yes, prop and mixture are mapped to axis. I have no issues with any other aircraft

UPDATE: Launched the sim in VR, all fixed…. Must have been a glitch…

she’s hot and this is not only metaphor
is it possible they(with milviz corsair) make the children with born mid way cylinder’s temp?