[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlyingIron F6F-5 Hellcat

guys, that’s from manual
“Altitude (air is much thinner at high altitudes meaning fewer air molecules to cool the
engine)”
i think that’s completely wrong:) sure air is not so thick as at sea level. but in the air this not matter lol. because you have only one parameter, that’s mater is air speed. and that’s mean 200kts at sea level. give you same quantity air molecules as at 40k with same 200kts. but with that you will got much much cooler air. so actually at high alt you must found engine much much cooler:)

That’s not how physics work. The manual is correct.

4 Likes

I’ll probably end up snagging it because I love the Spitfire and P-38, but I really, really wish we could get support for the PMS50 GTN 650. The AzurPoly TB-30 supports it but I don’t know of any others.

Is there an AP in the tablet?

Yes, like all FlyingIron planes. Heading/altitude select only but it’s enough.

That’s all I care about, like the Spit. This one is tempting…

2 Likes

Once I found the Battery switch, I was able to start it on the first try. No time to fly tonight but I hope to fix that this weekend.

Looks like it will be a blast, like the P-38L and Spit. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Therefore, unless needed, you would typically cruise with all shutters closed
Maximum Cruise 2,200 (37, Lean)
The desired temperature for normal cruise operations is between 190 and 200°C
that’s from manual
must be same correct as about “altitude molecules” i guess that’s^ from real stuff. but indeed not from v1.0

perfect. not a single problem instead temperatures. don’t sure is correct about so much torque yaw after airborning. same behavior remember from old il-2 fb. all birds in that game was pretrimmed except bf.109
and fw-190 as remember that’s birds has preset angle for vertical stabilizer. must be that’s right. don’t know. she landing almost without me. even with forgot to change fuel tanks with full right wing and empty left. i know you can be more careful to temperature modeling and found more information about warbirds altitude temperature dependency. because by “molecules” logic. all high altitude fighter without turbocharger must die after 20k. i really confused see again in the sky so old modeled thing as torque yaw. in msfs it’s was modeled only on the ground. but. after developers add the new prop features. you can found it’s works good but only with roll. my guess is yaw slip start from heavy power and at cruise power it’s can still neglected and fly with rudder trim neutral. so may be left drift too much in horizon flight at cruise power. need somebody with warbirds practice to solve this question:) please don’t answer me, any theoretic guys. i got my own theory and good with it. thank you very much
p.s. was impressed by engine stop at idle power after landing. i seen that before in msfs. just don’t remember model. probably spitfire from you guys. don’t sure.

Torque doesn’t cause yaw normally, it causes roll proportional to the engine power which then needs to be corrected with aileron trim (amount of trim needed varies with airspeed). It causes yaw mostly on the ground where the desire to roll put’s greater pressure on the left wheel, essentially giving you a bit of forced differential braking.

As such if you are flying level all trimmed out, suddenly dropping power should see you rolling right (aileron trim overcomes left turning tendency, further you have lot of speed for the lowered power), suddenly adding power should see you rolling to left (torque overcomes aileron trim, further you have little speed for the increased power). In both cases the roll should reduce a bit after your airspeed balances out. Similarly changing your attitude should alter the roll since you are losing or gaining speed compared to your engine power, in addition it would introduce P-factor which is a yawing tendency.

1 Like

I’ve uploaded four paints so far, the two I showed earlier and these two:
FN (004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

99(004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

9 Likes

@GotGravel Could you tell me please at which Altitudes the Blower/Superchargers changes Gear Up and Down in your flightmodell? Kind Regards

it’s in the manual:
● Neutral - Technically not a gear, and is active below 12,000 feet
● Low - 1st of the two gears, engages at 12,000 feet
● High - 2nd of the two gears, engages at 25,000 feet

I also have question for @GotGravel : Is it possible to show % values in tooltip for Cowl Flaps and Oil Cooler?
Also found small bug, I think Oil temp gauge is slightly misaligned, in tablet there was 88°C or so, but gauge read was around ~81°C

2 Likes

Thanks for helping out, and good points:

1. Confirmed the oil temp gauge needle is incorrect a little after the 50C mark, will correct
  2. A percentage added to the Cowl and Oil Shutters…why not? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That is an very early G. Low tail and tudder and old framed canopy (no Erla haube). Probably an 1943 G6. Nice model nonetheless, but no mw50 etc

A bit disappointing that systems like the manual supercharger control or the hydraulic hand pump are not simulated. Especially as both of these are working in the Milviz Corsair. So it is possible to simulate them correctly. And the chances that Asobo will implement these systems in the sim are more or less non existing.

3 Likes

The canopy does indeed look like it needs to roll back a bit more. It looks like the forward frame should be behind the pilot’s shoulders when opened. A minor detail I guess, unless you are in VR.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot.

next project:
19 (005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

19 (002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

11 Likes

Hello,
found a Bug. When i start a new Flight on the Ramp cold and dark, then start the Engine and test the Ammeter at 1300 RpM and above no Generator kicks in. Needle stays at 0. Batt shows Volts. I get the Generator to work when i bind the “set Alternator”-Keyword to a Button. All Circuit-Breakers are in.

2 Likes