Another week at my second job as an unwilling game tester for Asobo

I come home from patroling 10 hours overnight and the only thing I want to do is load up and start a long IFR flight with SID and STAR to relax and tend to some other things. But nope another week of searching for hours to find a solution to an issue that would have been caught by the employees.
Im really happy that seemingly many of you are satisfied with the “look” of the game and that’s cool, but please realize that a good chunk of the community isn’t playing for VFR flights with no avionics and its brutal.

This game really is “No Mans Sky” both literally and metaphorically.

4 Likes

I absolutely detest these topics. They add absolutely nothing of value to the community, or to the developers. What exactly is the issue? Are you coming here for support, or just to be next in line to bash?

12 Likes

How about less drama and more description of what it is you having difficulty with?

8 Likes

My issues are:
That I CTD almost every time on flight from anywhere to KLAS.
I get game ending freezes with using the g3000 update routes mid flight.
FPS randomly drop when I dont ctd or freeze after 4 or so hours.
I have to use a mod to operate the Longitude at all.
Missing waypoints
Incorrected pln loading when i put in flight plans
atc giving me changing descent levels over and over, every time they change altitude
descent vectors below minimum req alt
flap lift issues
TBM randomly starts to have the same oscillation issues as the Longitude

you want me to go on?

What’s the problem that would be Helpful it’s easy to blame others but there is a lot of individuals that will quite happily help you if you describe what the issue It’s easy to moan tried that doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Regarding KLAS, did you purchase the FlyTampa KLAS? Because if so, version 1 of that addon caused a CTD every single time. It has since been updated, so if you haven’t, I would recommend running the updater tool for the addon.

Dude a ton of people like myself have been for MONTHS diligently looking for solutions. You sometimes find them and then a patch later is all broken again. How long has the game been out?
I understand some teething issues may arise, but they didn’t have the base level of a sim operating, they focused way to hard on the visual aspect of the game. Because in my opinion, they are rushing to placate all the Xbox users who for the most part will fly VFR with minimal instrument use, Leaving all of the rest of us in the dirt.

This sim has massive quality control issues and to many are ignoring it because it isn’t affecting them.
The post with screen shots and people gawking over them then using THAT as a justification to the sims playability nearly make me see red. We all need to be honest, the same looks great but has over months of patches and fixes failed to meet the baseline of a quality sim. At this point we are all playing a videogame.

3 Likes

No purchases after I bought Deluxe Edition.

Dude I hate to say it but anything you say I take with a MASSIVE grain of salt (no pun). I see you as having a conflict of interest here. At least the put it beside your name.

You sound extremely unhappy and even angry about the product, if you dislike it that much I suggest to take a pause from it and use another product which you find better.

2 Likes

You’re full of malarkey. The sim is amazing and we all know it. Could be your pc. Could be a lot of things. I’m at 275 hours and can honestly say I’ve had two CTD. They were both with the vfr map bug.
And by the way, after 10 hours of patrol, maybe hug you girl or guy and save the whining for someone who gives a rats ■■■.

1 Like

Agree with you. These kind of topics doesn’t add nothing to the forum.

What are the main types of flights you are doing and aircraft?

And im not full of it, tons of people outside of screenshot and the appreciation threads (funny that no one gets on those people for randomly praising the sim. Who dictated that the forum had to be only positive views of the game?) report issues that are not trivial. For instance to even use the Cessna Longitude you are relegated to a mod. Granted that mod and its developer are awesome, it still sucks to have to mod a game to get it to BASELINE. Its like modding Minecraft just so you can craft. My pc isnt the issue here, other people with various cards, gpr,rams set ups are getting consistent issues regarding stability.

1 Like

Do you also feel the post where people say how much they love the sim and post screen shots add anything?

2 Likes

Don’t worry the sim is pausing already for me…

1 Like

Don’t let the fanboys who drank too much of the koolaid get to you. This sim is bugged beyond belief, and you’re definitely not alone in the frustration department. Maybe in 6mos to a year things will be okay, but for now, this is little more than an earth simulator with planes thrown in the mix for eye candy…

1 Like

We want to make these forums a positive environment for you to discuss Microsoft Flight Simulator related topics, and to give us your feedback on the sim.

Recently the team has received a number of complaints about the negative atmosphere on the forums. These complaints stem from excessive negative non-constructive posts.

These posts do not provide meaningful information that helps in the development of the simulator. Instead, these topics are often duplicate an existing topic and create conflict that usual require moderator intervention. These posts hurt the atmosphere of the forums, which drives some of our community away and may prevent others from joining.

We value constructive criticism about MSFS as it helps the developers further understand, triage and resolve problems within MSFS.

Take the following example posts:

Non-Constructive
The ATC in this simulator is ■■■■

Constructive
ATC’s altitude instructions are awful. I was on a flight from KSFO to KDEN in an A320N, when ATC cleared me for descent below the minimum safe altitude. If I stayed at a safe altitude it would cancel my IFR clearance and my approach, so I followed their instructions leading to a crash on the side of a mountain.

ATC needs to take the terrain into account when issuing clearances!

The non-constructive example (top) provides no meaningful information, no one will be able to understand, reproduce or document the issue, and therefore the issue cannot be resolved.

We ask that you consider this going forward. We continue to welcome criticism and complaints so long as they are constructive in nature. You can read more about our policy change here.

2 Likes