Antonov An-225 oversensitive trim

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

After watching some videos other people also mentioned the trim being way too sensitive.
But the rest still applies to me. The Turtle Beach VelocityOne has a trim wheel which works really well in other planes. However in the Antonov the smallest movement causes the plane to pitch up or down excessively. The dial for vertical speed goes to it’s limits instantly, down and up.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Use the trim wheel on the VelocityOne for the aileron trim in the An-225

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Yoke: Turtle beach VelocityOne

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes

simply put, trim is way to sensitive.

Don’t use the trim wheel, use the pitch control.

To be honest, I don’t know what’s the difference. Can you explain what you mean?

Difficult to explain in a few words, but I found a YouTube video, Antonov 225 Autopilot Explained | Real Airline Pilot - YouTube in which it will become clear, I highly recommend this channel to understand the AN-225.

1 Like

yes

The same behavior is if you simply map pitch trim to joystick buttons. Whenever you fly the aircraft manually, with no autopilot, every tiny pitch trim button click changes the pitch dramatically, making it impossible to stabilize the aircraft in manual flight.

1 Like

Yes, but using xbox controller. Controller is not the issue it’s the trim control on the airplane.

the minimum amount of trim you can use is ‘one click’ using the trim button in the cockpit. However ‘one click’ seems to move the elevator near full deflection in either direction, resulting in a sudden climb or descent of 2000fpm or more.
The aircraft is virtually impossible to hand fly