Any chance of a behind the scenes video for the trailer making process?

I am in awe of the trailers Asobo / Microsoft produce for updates. Yet when i try to use the replay function in MSFS I struggle to produce anything. Some of it is possible lack of creativity but there is also technical issues. I quickly get frustrated every time I try.

I would love to see a behind-the-scenes video on how they achieve their gorgeous trailers.

1 Like

I believe they said quite sometime ago they use the replay tool that we now have in Dev mode.

1 Like

I heard them say that as well.

I would love to see how they achieve the results they get as I find it is not the most intuitive piece of software .

Would love to see their workflow and what they approach making a trailer. Would be very interesting I feel.

Hi @Sybull27,

You heard correctly. Our trailer team does indeed use the same Replay tool that is available to players on PC. In fact, this tool was developed specifically for making trailers and has a UI that isn’t polished or intuitive for end-users, but we released it to the community by popular demand.

If you haven’t seen it yet, my colleague @OlieTsubasa443 created a tutorial on how to use the Replay tool here:

3 Likes

I’d love to make videos that were as smooth looking as the trailers. They look locked at 60FPS. I’m sure I read somewhere that there is a method to capture high FPS footage but I can’t quite remember how to do it. Is it done in OBS? Whenever I use Nvidia’s Ge-force experience to capture footage it never looks that smooth.

Thank you for that./ I will certainly check it out.

I appreciate it is not a priority, but is improving it’s functionality of the teams radar or is this the only version we can expect ?

Keep up the good work with the trailers.

Out of curiosity, how much time do these trailers take to put together ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.