Any interest in an massive Military Plane meet up?

I think it’d be super fun.

For those interested, what days of the week, what time of the day are you available?

I’d like to record and have others record what they see. Corsairs, Spitfires, A-10, Hawk, F14’s, F15’s, EuroFighter, F-22. If you have any of these planes, it should appear as it is on my screen/video.

It’d probably be a good idea to pick a place that won’t be popular. That way random planes won’t be in the vicinity and we’ll be able to see each other’s planes.

What place or places would you like to fly over?

Maybe if this sparks some interest we can make an official event thread for this.

1 Like

Topic moved into Friends, Clubs & Groups

Let,s try…,! For example on a large air base in Europe Germany (ETAR) To work perfect ,I assume you need to download all Mil spec. aircraft…Otherwise they some will show up like a sivilian B36 or A220
Maybe some day it will work….

China lake starwars canyon , Mach loop? Both have big airports

Yep China Lake all the way. Then fly my flight plan. Would be cool to gave a bunch of people zipping through the canyon.

1 Like

I was hoping this thread would stay in general discussion for a few days so it could generate some views and gain more steam.

I’m unsure if enough people can coordinate a meet up at the same time but I personally average around 120hrs every two weeks so I am very flexible to say the least in terms of jumping online.

Feel free to pm me and I am willing to share(via pm) my cell phone # so if you want to text or call for a random meet up, it can be done conveniently.

Question-how good is the Aermacchi MB-339A?

I have the eight planes I mentioned above, but not that one. (Hawk, F-14, F-15, F-22, Corsair, Spitfire, A-10, Eurofighter)

Also fee free to “add friend” JoylessTunic738

The 339 is great fun. Basic “Steam gauge” style jet. Easy to fly and forgiving, landing is a little hairy at times, but highly recommended.

2 Likes

I just purchased it. I like how interactive it is, but the flying feels “too” smooth, especially for an older jet.

@MisterNix2098 You’re an amazing pilot!! Impressive!!

That was so much fun!

1 Like

It’s a trainer at the end of the day, I would expect it to be a bit more on the easy and forgiving side, but obviously I haven’t piloted one IRL.

Also the fact that the control inputs are not 1:1 in the sim, but seem to have a pretty noticeable built-in non linearity doesn’t help.

Thank you and the same goes for you, I was impressed with how you took a lot of those turns. I went on your YT channel and watched the second video of the canyon run and enjoyed it. Great flying @JoylessTunic738

I’m always up for a meetup, are you on discord at all?

One of the funnest times I’ve had in the sim. You had some absolute amazing flying. Incredible if you’ve never been in that canyon and flew it the way you did. You’re wild man, I like it!

1 Like

Thanks man, and same here It was a fun time. We have to link up again. I’m in the EST time zone and I’ll be online after work today after 5:30 PM. If you’re on I’ll join up on you. For future reference since we don’t really have a way to communicate in the sim if I ever join up on you I’ll always follow your lead, that way we’re not chasing each other’s tales lol. Just until we have the ability to talk through a voice chat, rather that’s through xbox party or through discord.

I’m not familiar with discord. Feel free to text or call me. I probably won’t be on for the next 24 hours. I still haven’t slept yet lol

Lol get some sleep and no worries. Do you think we would communicate through the Xbox app when we play, do a voice party chat?

AT china lake now EAST coast server.

I’d like to participate in this… east coast - all i have however is the F-18 & f-18 SW.

Im working on a new discord group….

But there are others:

1 Like

Ill be over the Joint Defense Command base in the geographic center of Australia where around 800 US citizens live. Its a US satellite operations base for the southern hemisphere as far way from the ocean as possible to prevent adversary Naval forces from intercepting transmissions. Im checking out the surrounding few hundred miles as it is one of the most remote continental settlements in the world. Doing some terrain masking exercises in the more vertical areas. The sun just came up here. Im on US east server.

1 Like