Any of You Who have "Great" Photogrammetry in Cities... Please Read

Fair enough.

1 Like

Thank you for the notice, what I wrote didn’t reflect what I though exactly. I’ve updated my post accordingly with:

[update] *wrongly turned sentence, I mean “implementing the zoom feature in a better way than the others”.

1 Like

Interesting perspective you have there. So anything we say is sh!te, and anything you say is truth personified.

Not helpful.

What I do know is that some of the low level mods I have made to my sim have got the scenery back to almost as good as I was seeing in the earlier alphas. So I am satisfied for now. And the mods only take a few minutes. But I’m not going to bother detailing what I’ve changed here, because you wouldn’t believe it anyway, so it would be a waste of time.

I have reported my findings in detail to Zendesk, so if they decide to try my suggestions, everyone will benefit, but obviously you wouldn’t expect me to be so big-headed as to publish those findings here, because everything I say is apparently 100% false.

Sorry what? Why are you having a go at me?

Who? Me? I’m not. :thinking:

No @MouthyGrunt97

It’s starts to be confusing now.

Especially when my post was 2 days ago!

Guys, I think we all agree with each other’s point under certain condition and it’s probably not good to bring other sims into discussion.

I think a better discussion could be, how could we make a compromise here and may be provide a design recommendation to Asobo.

For me, it seems like we could have two designs of LOD. One is spherical shaped, and the other could be a cone shaped. I think it could be a togglable option.

• Spherical LOD
    Good for external 360 degree view. Cinematic shot from above or below
    Bad for sceneries in distance
    Green area (good quality) is about 177 squares

• Cone LOD
    Good for cockpit view and focused view
    Bad for sceneries not in the cone
    Green area (60 degree) is about 177 squares as well and you can have 2.4x view distance. Similar to yellow. Red should still be spherical just to make sure scenery quality does not fall off a cliff.

2 Likes

@ MegaRiceBall734
Perfect. I’m not a 3d developer, but I can’t imagine that this has no influence on FPS. Personally I can do without another 10 FPS, if others agree is another matter. I think it is generally very difficult to find a balance between performance and graphic details.

I was not having a go at you :rofl:
The last part was not intended toward you.

Oh OK. Thought it was

pilot - what is your intention? I feel like you just want to be argumentative. If you’re not having an issue with LOD or with photogrammetry, move on from this forum! Those of us who are aren’t lying, we’re not just complaining, we’re trying to get it fixed.

I’m tired of this back and forth.

1 Like

Captain, we hear you… save your energy on those who refuse to.

That is an interesting thought. I’m not a designer either, I just know that the sim is not consistent with how cities look, the majority of the time… as many have said in previous posts, if it looked just 50% of how it looks on their advertisements, we’d all be happy.

I’m sure there is a lot of issue with Asobo debating between visuals and FPS. That’s fine, and as someone corrected me on earlier, they have to take into account so many different PCs, so many different setups, drivers, etc. I do get all of that… I just wish they’d give us a choice, like other “games” do. If I want it to go max because I have high-end machine for it, then let me and let it be amazing looking even if my FPS is 15.

I do agree with your concern about FPS – and they (some) will complain that it lowers FPS, but as you know and most of us know, FPS is not a thing for flight sims. Sure it needs to be manageable, but it’s not Call of Duty. I just wish they’d let us really move the needle to ultra and not have it less and less as each patch goes by.

After like a year I finally got Toreno connection working just before patch 5. I’m not sure if it was uninstalling the Tap9 Microsoft adapter in device manager or enabling ipv6 on my router, but it finally connected and was working. Though I’m sure the ipv6 is probably essential. Anyway new Xbox consel still did not want to install. I’m not having any problems with multiplayer but they say it (Toreno) does something to help QOS. After the patch it seemed to have quit working again. Some of my other devices were having a problem connection wifi to router so I switched the ipv6 off in the router (would be nice if MS told me what ipv6 settings should be, I see instructions for a couple router exceptions Airplay and something else I see but not for others) . Anyway switching ipv6 back off allowe my Rokus and Apple TV to connect again, so that’s off again for now. I’m not sure why it quit working for Toreno but I just wanted to point out the QOS aspect though I suspect it may just be something to improve the Xbox chat.

Asobo are u kidding me? :joy:

1 Like

This is most likely due to incomplete map data on the Bing maps. Check that location on Bing maps, and you’ll likely see a massive cloud there.

Either that, or the streaming connection was interupted while trying to load in the sat imagery there.

1 Like

smth is wrong with the servers.