Any one know this location in ObsidianAnt's video?

Need help please.
Can someone assist and tell me where this location is please?
I have been there many months ago but cannot remember the location.
I think it is somewhere in the Scottish islands
It appears in this Youtube post as well .

3 Likes

Could be out skerries, by the looks of it.
The most northern airstrip of the UK.

Cheers Mark

That is correct they are the out skerries which i think is one of the most beautifull surroundings in the sim.

It’s just a shame you have to spawn on the runway. They put so much effort into Out Skerries but couldn’t create a parking spot.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you.

Taking this slightly one-step further: it would be great if it were possible to choose any location on the world map as your start location but on the ground cold and dark. Or even save your last location, this would be particularly useful for those of us who like to fly helicopters or do bush flying and not have to start at an airfield.
Note: to self - have never even tried the in-game option to save a flight to see what it can do… :crazy_face:

Many thanks for the help. Out Skerries it is.
Appreciated

3rd-party solutions exist for this issue :wink:

Like what? It would help if you named them instead of just telling us they exist… Thanks!

That would be shameless self-advertising which I kindly refrain from doing so.

But you‘ll find the announcement easily here in the forum :wink:

The only feature that would be missing is the „start from cold-and-dark“ - but I already took a note of this :wink:

And it is now implemented: [UPDATE 0.16] Sky Dolly - Flight recorder with formation replay, logbook, locations, import/export | till213 - #6 by Steeler2340

1 Like