Any plans to support the External Sim API?

Dear Microsoft/Asobo [edit]

The current simulation utterly fails at complex flight dynamics like aerobatics. External Sim flight models could fill the gap. This would not only be useful for aerobatics, but it would also enable other flight modes like VTOL which could add to the game fun and also allow the magnificent FS world to be used for serious simulation projects in flight training and R&D for drones and flying cars.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/utilities/simconnect/simconnect.html#ExternalSimOverview

1 Like

Your post is confusing to me. What do you mean by " Any plans to support the External Sim API?" ?
With External Sim API do you mean the SimConnect API ?
SimConnect is supported already. Not everything works yet, thats true. But injecting an alternate flight model via SimConnect doesn’t make sense to me. So you must mean something else…

Is there another External Sim API that isn’t supported that i’m not aware of?

And what about the link you posted?

Sorry, I should have formulated that clearer as a question to Microsoft/Asobo who know what is meant by “External Sim API”. It’s also explained in the attached link to the P3D SimConnect API documentation, that’s why I have attached it.

Maybe an external flight model does not make sense to you, it definitely does for others.

1 Like

This is the FS Forum. I don’t think its the proper place to directly talk to Microsoft/Asobo.
I still don’t know which “External Sim API” you mean. I just know that it’s mentioned somewhere in the P3D SimConnect API documentation. maybe.

Maybe an external flight model does not make sense to you, it definitely does for others.

I have never said that. Don’t put words in my mouth.

Have a nice evening and good loock with reaching out to microsobo.