Any real Cessna 152 pilots here?

Any Cessna 152 plots on here - real ones??

Just wondering what the view was really like from the inside - i have been in one but it was a long time ago and can’t remember now !

This is my current view - it’s a bit better than the default i think, plus I can see the slip ball without hiding the yoke.

2 Likes

As a 16 year old kid weighing 120 lbs and 5’6’’ I had to move the seat way up to reach the 150 's rudder pedals so your view is a little further away then I remember .Two years ago a buddy and I walked by 152 and I said to him I can’t believe how small it is and thinking to myself 50 years and 50 lbs I am not sure I would fit in the thing.

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks.

I’m 6’1" and when i had two trial lessons, I wasn’t allowed to use the pedals, just the yoke so i have no recollection

Difficult to say as it is depending on your length and height…

As the person says above. Everyone is different its what suits you. Seat cushions are thin on most 152’s but some were thicker. Some people sit on cushions. The seat does’nt go back very far and some people struggle with leg length. Some had to fly the 172 because they were to big. Just to qualify these statements I have flown and instructed on them for a long time.

3 Likes

Thanks

I can see its a tough question now.

Was just trying to get a feel for the real sight picture. Seems I might be a bit too far back maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

form what i see, you need a tad closer, not too much, just a tad.

2 Likes

If its anything like the 152 that I flew, it needs to have more rust and duct-tape for added authenticity plus scratchy perspex side windows and a general feeling of it having lived a life…it honestly felt like I was in a Ford Anglia with wings (um, perhaps an like old Pinto or AMC Rebel for anyone in the US who hasn’t seen Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire :wink: )

General visibility (both forward and to the sides) was excellent though. Oh, and its an awesome little plane in reality :sunglasses:

4 Likes

i don’t know, but think you can set any position you want, because in real life, you or mechanic can do this for your self if this is your aircraft, i think everything we flight in msfs is ours. isn’t?

Simple answer: just like I remember it.

Where do you need a mechanic for? The seat can be adjusted for and aft, if you wanna sit higher, use a pillow :sweat_smile:. Its a bit easier on bigger planes with seats adjustable in all axis + adjustable rudder pedals and eye reference position indicator (as below):

On those planes you could give a sensible answer to the question whether eye-point is set correctly. On anything else its depending on your length and height so there is no correct answer.

1 Like

Used to fly the C152 years ago, as I remember the view being slightly higher and forward towards the panel compared to the attached photo

1 Like

In the sim you cannot slide the seat forward or back, but in your screenshot it appears like you’re reclined so far back and at the same time so high that this seat position would be impossible to achieve in a 152. If you slide the actual seat back the elevation goes down not up. I remember having to slide the seat all the way forward in order to just see out. Maybe try to go out to your local airport and ask around to see if you can sit in one and then try to record your eye-point with a photo or something?

Image source

2 Likes

Did my PPL in a 152 and the cockpit is accurate. In terms of the actual view it really depends on your height and how you set the seat. The pic you have seems to be set too far back.

2 Likes

why you have to use pillow in your own aircraft if you or mechanic can make any position of pov you want? i have no idea what the hell is this on the picture, but in msfs all i flight are my own birds, and i have 0 “ethic” problem to change pov as i feel max comfortable

Doesn’t matter if its your own aircraft or not, the seats on C152 are only adjustable for and aft, a mechanic is not gonna change that. It is what it is. If you can’t see over the glareshield you need to sit on a pillow :sweat_smile:.

That on the picture is an eye reference indicator found on bigger aircraft with seats adjustable in all axis and adjustable rudder pedal position. The eye position is the same for every pilot as you change seat position until the white ball is hidden behind the red ball from your seating position.

On those kind of aircraft its vitally important that you have the correct seating position and eye height to have the correct view out of the window and over the nose for CAT II / III operations for example.

On any other aircraft, like C152 there is no correct answer to the question whether eye-position is correct. It depends on the length of your legs as this determines seat position and you height.

2 Likes

how do you know what you or mechanic will do for feel more comfortable if you sure pillow is only one variant, i think anybody can do everything in their own ac, if need mount the seat from starship

Not exactly, thats not how it works in aviation.

if starship seat will from composite and don’t change cg dramatically - exactly so. no? if no, why?

Because its not an approved STC (Supplemental Type Certificate) for the C152. You can’t just go ahead and modify your plane because you don’t like the seats. In order to keep a certificate of airworthiness only approved modifications are allowed. Without the proper modification the aircraft is not considered airworthy so you can just look at it being pretty in the hanger.