Any regional jets?

Hello. Are there any regional jets available today? Specifically jets, not an ATR prop etc. and for Xbox?

Holding hope for the Erj and crj one day.

Unfortunate how 4 years into msfs we’re still missing many planes, both civilian and military

Virtualcol has some EJets but they aren’t the best, albeit the only option on Xbox.

Gotcha thanks. Looks sufficient for my interests. Hopefully more come out

BAe 146 has been available on XBox for a long time, and F28 is coming, both regional jets.

Regionali is a bit open. BA flew a regular A380 service between London and Paris. Point being almost any aircraft can do short haul. A3xx and B737 are pretty common short route aircraft these days.

A regional jet conventionally or generally has less than 100 pax.

1 Like

Actually the term “regional jet” is quite well defined…
Short haul doesn’t make a 380 a regional jet :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t say it did. Just that you can use quite different aircraft for the role or routes typically covered that’s all.

Until you decide you’d like to fly into that podunk backwoods airport an hour and a half away and the runway is just barely big enough for a CRJ550 and the whole airport is less than the size of a postage stamp. It’s not that you can’t fly an a380 into an airport like that, it’s just that we play flight simulator so that we attempt to do so without consequence

Currently there is only one good option on Xbox, the BAE 146 Professional by JustFlight. For something more modern I personally would wait for the Embraer E175/195 from FlightSim Studios. They’re slowly but surely improving it on PC, it will be a while but at least it looks promising for when it arrives on Xbox. I wouldn’t count on Aerosoft ever releasing the CRJ on console. Also who knows, maybe MSFS 2024 will include something of this sort by default.

I got the e170/175 on Xbox and it’s just fine for me. Loads, looks, and works well. For basic primarily external views which I like to do. I don’t care about systems or procedures. I only do throttle and stick movements really.

1 Like