Any reviews or previews of the update

That post above stating the ATR is coming tomorrow is over a year and a half old and was with World Update 5. There’s no confimation it’s coming tomorrow.

That said, it’s been in the works for a long time, and it MIGHT be included. Particularly since the steamdb page has shown several ATR updates in the last week. But that post from April 2021 isn’t something I’d use as confirmation.

1 Like

just was being hopeful man

1 Like

They did say there would be some surprises in this update, so it’s very much possible it could be included. I know a lot of people have been patiently waiting for it. And like I said, there have been a lot of recent updates to the ATR on the steamdb repo, so that means they’re actively working on it.

So for all those that want this plane, wishing you good luck that it’s included.

Fingers crossed man, out of all the planes released or being released, the ATR family is the one I desire the most

It’s already amazing what they are releasing tomorrow, if there is another plane as a surprise I will be completely blown out of my mind.
Maybe the ATR or maybe the AN-2…

There’s going to be more than what they publicly announced. They already said that. It would be a substantial conent update with lots of “surprise” stuff. So I wouldn’t doubt if one of both of those were part of the release, since they’ve been in the pipeline for so long now.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just to quell speculation and set expectations appropriately, the ATR will not be released tomorrow as part of the 40th Anniversary Edition update. Development work on this plane continues, and we’re excited to make it available to you, but it’s not ready yet.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

19 Likes

There we go. Confirmation of no ATR. lol

Personally not a letdown for me as it’s not a plane I really care about, but I can see why people are anxiously awaiting it.

In any case, tomorrow should be a nice content update regardless.

thanks for the clarification

Well we guessed ATR or AN-2 as a surprise and they have officially said “No ATR”

Don’t read anything into that. The AN-2 isn’t launching tomorrow either.

7 Likes

thanks for being clear.
So there are no surprise releases coming but the update is going to be very nice anyway.

(I see what you are doing here Luis…)

I would imagine that we pretty much know the list of Aircraft/Helicopters/Gliders as they have been well trailed and we know what’s in the Sim update because it’s out in beta and we’ve seen the release notes.

I think we’re also expecting classic missions.

One might also imagine there will be training content for helicopters and gliders and it would be unlike MS/Asobo not to include some landing challenges.

IF there are further surprises beyond all this I would imagine they are going to be world related e.g. new landmarks, new/updated PG cities perhaps some airfields beyonds the ones we know about. While these things are mostly world update related, the aniversary edition of the game included new PG cities. It’s a good opportunity to get in some PG for places that are not planned to get a world update anytime soon or as in the past to add more PG cities in places where we’ve already had a world update.

Probably a marketing dud to sneak in a surprise piece of major content with an update that’s already chocked full of new aircraft. They’re going to want to do trailers and and teasers with anticipated planes like that.

The surprise is probably a big balloon floating somewhere that says “Happy Birthday!” lol

Maybe they’ll include the skeleton next to the boat easter egg in the pacific from years ago…LOL.

God, I hope they don’t put in an official Meigs field in Chicago, as some sort of nod to the original release. I’d rather have more fake space ships like the Pelican that I can put aside, than something like a fake airport.

1 Like

Hello @Picka5string,

We have already confirmed that Meigs Field is returning (along with several other classic airports) as part of the 40th Anniversary Edition. This was in response to massive demand from our player community who wanted to re-experience flights from the airport where their simming careers began all those years ago.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

9 Likes

Have the other classic airports been revealed?

Could just wait and find out in 19 hours. Let it be a mystery. No need to open all the gifts before Christmas.

2 Likes

Really love to be able to fly again from Meigs, good old times! For me it’s actually one of the highlights of the 40th AE! Along with the gliders and helicopters. I suppose people who don’t want any classic airports can delete them using the content manager, just like with all the other airports included in world updates? Or maybe by some other meganism that doesn’t require deleting them like changing the year.

I assume we can still remove it from the content manager / not install it?