Any reviews or previews of the update

I can’t see any simmer Youtuber reviews about 40th-anniversary addon planes. Are we gonna get them straight away?

1 Like

These sorts of updates don’t tend to be given out beforehand for review. Its all free after all so its not as if we need influencers trying to sell us something.

14 Likes

Hi,
The Sim Update 11 beta did not include any addon planes. The content will be available to everyone as follows:

1 Like

Nothing can be reviewed which wasn’t released. On MSFS there is a strict NDA in place when it comes to “unofficial” testing.

The Alpha builds were not even allowed to be watched by thirds in the same room :wink: not every company out there relies on YouTube or Twitch clicks to keep the hype up.

It’s just two days, you gonna survive these to see reviews after release.

1 Like

ok some addons or sims are available to YouTubers for their hands-on reviews before the official release for advertising purposes. i can wait tough, no problem

The reason (I think) they didn’t include 40th Anniversary Content in the Beta build is so people didn’t download the Beta just for a ‘sneak peak’ of the new content. I’m sure they are testing it elsewhere though!

1 Like

also, since most of the planes are third party anyways, they’ll have had their own beta testing teams testing them for months already.

2 Likes

Dlss3 was rewied. Nice fps in very popular airports… times with 60 fps min are coming

1 Like

I believe they didn’t allow testing the beta aircraft because of a surprise that Asobo wants to do: Launch ATR

If you look at Steam DB, ATR_test is being updated frequently since the last two weeks and now almost every day.

I believe it will be the big surprise of the 40th update and the reason why Asobo has not allowed to test any aircraft in the beta. It would be very easy to discover this surprise.

3 Likes

I suspect it’s that way for most participants for most of the betas. This time, probably even moreso. I saw a lot of whining on social media from folks that felt “cheated” that the SU11 beta didn’t include the new planes.

2 Likes

This would be awesome!

Exactly. If you think about it, the 40th anniversary of any computer based game is huge. Not many franchises have endured that long. The content to come with the update would be cheapened a little if we saw it all during a public beta. Part of the fun of this update is the reveal of all the new content. I’m betting there are some surprises in there that haven’t been talked about as well.

7 Likes

They are giving away content worth a lot of money, so seems more than fair that they keep it as a surprise until the launch!

1 Like

There are a few some previews/trailers out there in the wild, featuring some of the new content:

An then, if you happen to be on SU11 beta, and manage to make the sim crash, the next time it starts up, while it asks you if you want to start in safe mode, a new trailer is playing in the background, also featuring upcoming content.

Specially recommend to watch the two feature discovery clips. The visual detail of the new Cabri G2 and learning about all the aerodynamic features that are being implemented, and effort taken in getting audio recordings of the whole plane inside out, including the rotor in different stages of flight, left me speechless…

hope they test it better than the BETAs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guys what about FSR 2.0 for Xbox? Is that not coming? Not everyone has a VRR TV to boost frames.

2 Likes

I’d lose my marbles LITERALLY if they surprise us with that

But then how many would be left? That could be a bad thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re most likely correct: ATR 42-600/72-600 coming to MSFS, a new ultralight, and World Update V to focus on the Nordic countries - MSFS Addons

1 Like

Yeah but what about the blurry screens? was that fixed? Kind of pointless to have tons of fps and can’t see anything lol

2 Likes