Any Solution to A320 AP Bug Yet?

I’m just curious to know if anyone has found any sort of solution or work around for the new A320 AP/FP bug since the patch yesterday?

I’ve made sure my dead zones are set to 15% and I’m currently trying another flight to see if it has fixed the problem, but most likely not.

BTW, I’m not using any mods except a custom livery pack.

1 Like

I have this issue and nobody seems to care.
Here is a video (GIF) to proof that this issue is simply blocking us from using this “so called” simulator. Is Asobo even reading the threads? This is disrespectful to its customers.
The aircraft is the FlyByWire latest stable version (the only one possible as the default one does not even has capability of creating a flight plan in the FMC and the main menu planner does not work for me as well). And NO, it’s NOT related to joystick dead zone.

I really would like to know where this plane is turning to…

31 Likes

Update: Like yesterday, as soon as I enable AP, it makes a hard left turn for no reason well off the FP. Wow this is so freaking frustrating. I’ve been working a lot lately and the next few days I’ll have quite a bit of time off to catch up on FS2020, but now this ■■■■. And to add to the AP/FP issue, the updated thrust setting which makes climbing to high FL’s is also annoying. Yes I wasn’t a fan of the overpowered sky rocket the A320 used to be, but now it’s nearly impossible to reach a common cruising altitude of FL370. It literally takes forever. So many major bugs now with my favorite airliner… :rage:

22 Likes

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. This is not a dead zone related issue like before, but I gave it a shot anyways. Much bigger problem than that.

What really sucks is that I’ve had virtually no bugs with the A320 since release. Hands down it’s been my favorite airliner to fly by far and it’s not even close. The couple of minor bugs I encountered I solved easily and quickly. However nothing I’m trying solved this new bug. I’m beyond frustrated right now and Asobo really needs to fix this ■■■■ ASAP, not in a couple more weeks for the next patch/update. Guess I’ll be staying away from FS for a little while…

9 Likes

Same to me! A320 turns hard left. AP is not reacting, Also with AP off airplane doens’nt listen to commands like heading bug settings e.a.

10 Likes

Same for me , I come back to Prepar3D , Bye Bye Asobo

10 Likes

To be honest I am suspicious that this issue is not A320 specific. I had the same with Citation CJ4. Looks like something deeper in the FS2020 navigational system.
I can’t wait for the payware planes to come up and hopefully they won’t use Asobo’s system at all. We need independent add-ons with their own GPSs, FMCs and so on.

4 Likes

Although I do not want to dispute the validity of the AP concerns. I think it is important to point out that things that don’t work in add-ons is not a problem with the sim. It is expected that as the SDK evolves, code that was created by outside developers will be impacted. Unfortunately this is a common side effect of trying to hit a moving target.
If you have a problem that develops with your 3rd party products be sure to bring it to the attention of the developer so they can adjust the code accordingly. Asobo/Microsoft does not have the rights to that code and can not fix it. In this case, please direct a bug report to FBW.

3 Likes

I understand and agree Roger, but it turns out that the issue occurs also in the default one… :frowning:

6 Likes

I would guess that the SDK/base code was tweaked for the autopilot as I have seen a number of behavior changes depending on the aircraft. Even the Baron seems sluggish when making heading changes under AP. That will mean, ALL the aircraft will be impacted and need fixing, one at a time, default and 3rd party.
Just re-illustrates the “moving target” analogy. :frowning:

2 Likes

For me the worst is the unknown. I feel like I am the only one or one within a few having the issue. If MS or Asobo listed this in the Known Issues list, then I would be less frustrated as I would know that at least they will fix it someday…

3 Likes

Same here, Autopilot doings strange things, LNAV completely not working and also sometimes steep banking when A/P enabled, especially when overflying waypoints and how it appears, below 10.000 feet.

Also strange on the A320neo is the speed behaviour on approach. MCDU tells a VAPP of 128 knots, manual flying lets me approach stable with about 145 knots (Full Flaps). After passing the runway edge the aircraft is climbing away, a stable descent is only possible with reducing to about 125 knots again.

I am using the current Developer Build from FBW A32NX, but following this thread it seems, that it is a general problem, not only related to FBW A32NX.

1 Like

I confirm this ! Before this update 1.11, I save the A320NEO folder from the version 1.10
I tried this 1.10 A320NEO on this 1.11 update, and the problem are similar … the origin of this problem not come by the A320 folder or config !

1 Like

Same problem here! I thought it was a a32nx problem, so I uninstalled it thinking it was gonna work, but as soon as I turned the AP on (in the default a320) It banked super hard to the left trying to kill me…

9 Likes

I have this issue also. I also noticed the transponder on A320 being set to 7700 or 1600.
if you are using a joystick or controller during flight try unplgging them, for me the AP would start working and then the moment I plug them back in right back to banking left into the ground.

Above 10.000 feet it was quite stable after multiple times resetting the rudder trim. AP was not following the NAV, but at least provided a somehow stable flight (just some little oscillating). Direction changes had to be done via the joystick, but after releasing the joystick it stabilized again and provided at least a level flight. Only 2-3 times it banked away, I could correct this by banking against that with the joystick and resetting the Rudder Trim multiple times, after that a level flight was held by the AP.
But … this was not a flight, it was a fight.

3 Likes

This is an interesting method. I might try this, but I’ll have to time I plugging it just right. Still, it shouldn’t be that way, but at this point I’ll give a thing a shot.

please all make sure you send a report to zendesk… its the only way stuff will be handled… and yes i have the sam eproblem…

2 Likes

Some of the core code for autopilot is shared across all aircraft, so saving the old version and simply over writing latest build won’t really do much as the sim vars are located elsewhere

Do not start your flight cold and dark. I just completed a flight from abq to dfw by starting at the runway and it worked as advertised. Hopefully this will be hot fixed

1 Like