Anybody get the 3 modes to work for Logitech Flight Yoke System?

Good info.
It’s always an advantage to be able to skin the cat in more than one way.

Hello there!

I’ve tried what you’ve said @diamondmm
But it doesn’t work for me, it’s like the mode position doesn’t do anything at all.
I’ll check with the Logitech external assignment utility …

Thanks for the tip!

Take care,

What 2nd input on the Yoke are you grouping with the Modes input on the double columns in the FS Options that’s not working?

I’ve just tried to group button E and also button D with Mode in the second position.
But when I try, it’s like I’ve just assign button E (or D, whatever) to 2 separate entry (like turn ON AP, and toggle external view for instance)

You should be able to assign two buttons to a mode. I do that as well, and with the second mode too.

I’ve been getting by, but I need some help with this too as I’m getting fed up with not enough controls being available in VR.

I have tried creating a new profile with no current mappings, but still having issues. Although there are 3 MODE allocations, they aren’t labelled, so assume the first is MODE1, 2nd MODE 2 etc. I then created following mappings for testing purposes:

Flaps Down MODE (1) + T1 (Rocker under throttle leaver)
Flaps Up MODE (1) + T2

And:

Trim Up: MODE (2) + T1
Trim Down: MODE (2) + T2

The problem is that regardless of the mode switch position (1 or 2), the sim activates both acitvities ie. extends/retracts the flaps AND trims up/down.

Anyone know how to resolve, so that it only happens for the when selected mode is active?

Thanks

Spad.Next is what I use to program all of my logitech equipment and they do have settings for the modes. What is really useful, for me at least, is that you can create conditional formats, really cool.

Thanks MtnFlyCO, I’ll give this a try - certainly looks interesting and hadn’t come across it.

I tried going back to the Logitech/Saitek utility, but changing the mode switch seems to have absolutely no effect in the sim for me… ie. the selected operation on Mode 1 does exactly the same in Mode 2 etc. so it’s like the sim doesn’t see it.

Yeah, I gave up on the Logitech software years ago back when I was using FSX because it never really did what I wanted it to do. After I got Spad.Next, it was a game changer and I have been swearing by it ever since. It does take effort to set this software up, but once done, it is worth it. Oh, also the creator is very responsive which is a plus.

Doesn’t work for me. Any other ideas?

Yes.

It is long and messy.

Assign keystrokes in the sim settings and assign those keystrokes in the Logitech programming software.

This way you can use all 3 modes and the pinkie switch.

Problem is you have to “search” for all fuctions assigned (by default), to those keystrokes, in the sim settings, and delete them… or you get conflicts.

Takes time but it’s worth it. And backup the control.xml file !

You can do the same with the extra saitek thtottle quadrant if you have it.

I also use the Xbox One controller for external cameras. The sticks are so much smoother for panning and zooming etc.

1 Like

Hello anon81017491,

you have made new experiences about this 3 modes?

Captain To

I’ve been trying to get the mode switch to work for months.
Let me state as simply as I can what I want to accomplish:
I want to be able to to press the D key in mode 2, and pause the simulation.

Here is what I have done to accomplish this:
In the logitech yoke software, in mode 2, I enter the Pause Key, in the box for the D button. I save the profile I minimize the software.
I launch the MSFS 2020.
I go to a saved flight, enter the cockpit. The sim is unpaused.
I set the mode key to mode 2.
I press the D key.
The sim does not pause.

My understanding is the logitech software is going to send the Pause Key to the simulation, when I press the D button, when the mode key is set to mode 2.

What am I doing wrong? What have I not done in the software or in MSFS 2020, for the yoke not to send the Pause key, key press to the simulation.

I’ve explained my problem as simply as I could hoping for a simple explanation.