Anyone bought the Virtualcol Embraer 190?

Has anyone taken the chance on this plane? I’ve been advised to steer clear of it, but have there been improvements in this one? I know it’s not study level, but I’m just wondering if it’s still the mess that the 175 was when it was first released?

Waiting for a review on YouTube…

It’s fine, for the price. It works well enough. Some documentation would be nice, but it ain’t rocket science. it might take you a little while to figure out the logic behind the A/P (did I say some documentation would be nice?), but once you’ve got it, it’s easy to load up and get flying. I wasn’t expecting much, but I had a good idea of what I would get; I have bought from Virtualcol before. However, I was a little surprised by the quality, for the price. If you want to kick the tyres and light the fires, you can. If you want to do a full pre-flight cockpit drill, you can.

1 Like

Thanks. These guys have been given the gears for their 175 to the point where they apologized on the website for such a poor job. For 20 bucks Canadian, I might gamble on it. I’m not expecting PMDG quality or anything. That said, I have the Bredok3D 737 and I enjoy that…

1 Like

Ok, I just watched “Quantum Gaming Uploads” review of this plane on YouTube. Not worth your time. When you’ve got a developer that releases a plane with holes in the fuselage that you can squeeze through in real life, we’ve got a problem. Are there no standards??? Good Lord…

I just bought this plane thru the MSFS Market place and although the interior is a bit “plasticky,” it’s good enough for my level. It came with the E190 and E195 and a ton of additional liveries.

My bigger complaint is, there’s no glTF file of the plane’s exterior? How does this work?

I love to create liveries and I actually bought the plane with hopes of accessing its glTF file so I can import it into Blender.

Strange, as it must be calling up the plane’s exterior through the company’s server or something? I emailed the authors to see if they have a glTF file they are willing or able to share.

I too purchased the aircraft through marketplace. It looks great from the outside, especially the British airways livery. The first complaint is the detents for the engine power are not configurable for the Thrustmaster TCA, despite playing with the sensitivity settings. They are close, but I cannot get reverse thrust no how. That said, having got close, I hand programmed a flight from Southampton to Bergerac, as importation from Simbrief is also seemingly impossible. The absence of an EFB is noticeable, and sadly the importation of its facsimile requires work too. The English flight attendant is American and too loud for the cockpit door. That said the taxi and backtrack on 20 for line up was reasonable, though smoke from the tyres in the turns is quite excessive, and the aircraft wallows a bit. Take off was fine although I wonder about the climb out and noise abatement. For some reason the port engine stopped and would not relight. The managed altitude seemed sluggish, and having got to somewhere near cruise, I decided with the engine out to return to Southampton. This proved a little too problematic for the FMC, however I did manage to program a suitable waypoint to get me back to near Southampton. The heading and course bugs completed failed to appear or work, however, the intercept for the ILS for 20 was made, however both the localiser and approach switches are not entirely independent. Thoroughly disenchanted at this point, I was delighted that by careful manipulation of the throttle and hand flying the glide slope, as the autopilot was too agressive on the speed, I made an impressive single engine landing, and taxied back to the stand, smoke trailing from the taxi turns, where I loaded an FBW A320nx in BA colours and completed the whole flight plan without incident.

Just gave it a go yesterday against all odds!Its still a MESH just like the 175! I cannot believ that such pipel exist who want to SELL such dirt.Vcol you should be ASHAME