Anyone else finding the Carenado P34T Seneca V still susceptible to CTDs?

I like many was cursed by CTDs but was able to find a way around it by disabling AI traffic. Yesterday I bought the Seneca off the marketplace via Steam and everything was lovely until the patch hit. The patch was meant to sort out certain CTDs relating to third party liveries. All of a sudden my Seneca was experiencing extreme stuttering when approaching airports. First time was on the ILS into Teterboro. The stuttering became so extreme the sim actually stopped, no sound, then all of a sudden it restarted and I was able to land. The second time was flying into Cancun, again on the ILS, final to land. Extreme stuttering, then CTD just like the old days.

I’ve just flown the exact same flight into Teterboro in the King Air with default livery (this used to be a problem aircraft for me prior to turning off AI traffic) and everything was tickety boo, no hint of stuttering (I’ve still got AI traffic turned off by the way). Is this an issue just involving 3rd party aircraft now, or maybe even the Seneca in particular? I’ll maybe try the flight in the Bandeirante next to see if that’s affected too.

Anyone with any similar experiences?

On further testing it would appear that the CTD only happens if you have the VFR map open. Don’t know if that is common to all planes not just the Seneca.

I just had a CTD event at the edge of Los Angeles Class B. It’s the third CTD event in the Seneca. There may be something going on.

It was not a VC runtime issue. When I looked at the event log, flight simulator was the program that caused the problem. All three CTD events in the Seneca had the same dump info in the event viewer.

Two were pre-patch; one was post patch. I’m quite certain Carenado will figure it out. In the meantime I just did air restarts and kept flying.

:grinning:

1 Like

I found out after a couple of weeks of CTDs that they were caused by the JF Arrow 3. I switched to the Carenado Mooney, and CTDs have disappeared. Sometimes something in the aircraft and MSFS 2020 don’t get along, I guess. I hope this isn’t an issue with the Seneca.

Haven’t had a single CTD in the Seneca. Had plenty in the Arrow. What might help with general stability is to remove load from the game’s kernel. Turn off all AI, real and ground traffic, tone down cockpit refresh rate, use a minimal amount of external programs that interface with the sim (Volanta, STP, LNM, Navigraph, Neofly, FSE, etc.) and make sure from developer mode FPS counter that you’re not limited by main thread. Hope this helps with the issues you’re experiencing. You could turn also weather to ‘clear skies’, but that option was out of the question, at least for me.

1 Like

I’m wondering how many of these CTDs are due to traffic. I can be sitting on the ground, peaceful as I can be in any plane and get a CTD. So, what changed while I was sitting there? Hmmm.

Haven’t had a single CTD. But I also don’t use the VFR map…

If you are referring to the JF Arrow, it is just about flawless for me (over 20 hrs at this point) with regard to CTD events; I’ve had just one, this morning, and it was likely server related.

The Seneca, much as I like it, crashes about every other flight. Haven’t gotten to the bottom of that one yet… may be too soon to figure it out. So… I’m not flying that as much as I’d like, except for short flights.

Which GPS are you using and are you using the Mod?

Vanilla everything, except for Navigraph. Oh… and Archer374’s “Clean Cockpit.”

I have had a few CTDs in the Seneca and as a consequence, not that many landings. Today, I put it into the most demanding flight regarding the CPU and had an absolutely brilliant trip, with distance, very bad weather, icing and the GTN running the show along with Navigraph It was fantastic. Maybe the most immersive and busy flight that I have had in MSFS. Oh - the landings are a doddle too.

In other words turn almost everything off. :wink:

Yes, that’s unfortunately the state of the sim, apparently.

1 Like

I just downloaded the Seneca, and got a CTD on final to KMSP 12R on my very first flight. :frowning: VFR map not open, live weather and traffic. Not a common problem for me in MSFS heretofore.

I had to disable all traffic to avoid CTD with the Seneca installed… :frowning:

Note, that there seems to be a bug currently on pms50 GNS530/430 mod, where having airspace messages enabled leads to a crash to desktop. Also, there is a bug that results in CTD in pms50 GTN750 mod also.

"CARENADO WITH GTN750

There is currently a bug in the Sim’s code that CTD if more than 4 maps in the same airplane.
Asobo should fix that in the next sim update coming at the end of May (maybe next week).
The Arrow and the Seneca will be affected by this bug.

Here is the way to fly them with the GTN750:

• Remove the GNS530 Mod from your community folder if you use it (because it introduces one more map).

• Immediately after starting your aircraft, switch to the GTN750 from the Carenado cockpit tablet.

• Do not switch back to the GNS530 after that

• Do not touch any button of the GNS430

You should not have this issue in the Ovation or in the Seminole.

As this is a known issue, thank you to not report a bug for that. Both Carenado and PMS50 can’t do anything about that. We just have to wait for the fix from Asobo."

Back at the turn of the year when the whole CTD thing blew up I found the way around it back then was to turn off AI traffic and it worked 100% of the time. I can fly with live weather with no issues either. The other day while running a route for OnAir in my C172 (previously the most stable of platforms for me) I got a CTD when I had live weather AND live traffic. Turned it all off and everything was fine.

Don’t get me wrong, when I’m coming in to land the sim will still sometimes hang for 3-4 seconds then stutter a bit before continuing in any plane and in any situation but it avoids the total CTD. And I’m running 32Gb of RAM an SSD and a reasonable internet connection.

In a nutshell, my advice is run with no traffic and no weather for pretty much 100% no issues. Turn on live weather maybe brings it down to 99% reliability. Turn on any sort of traffic (live or AI) and its a lottery, sometimes you’ll get a way with it but mostly not.

1 Like

Certain.
Buy Seneca long ago and use it without problems. Then came several updates to MFS2020 and my surprise yesterday when I went to make a flight with Seneca, it caused CTD.
I left it and today I have returned and it repeats itself, CTD wanting to fly with Seneca, does not even allow me to start engines.
Did you know of any solution?

The seminole also causes CTD’s

How can they put products on sale that do not work?
Not only should Carenado make good products (because they are paid for), but Microsoft should also take responsibility for those it puts on its platform.